Go Bottom Go Bottom

60 inch Meteor Snowblower

View my Photos
billkilgore
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-14          98328

Does anyony have an opinion about the quality, cost, part availability, etc of the subject snowblower?
I'd like to get one but I'd also like to get some detail before any purchase. That I feel would be sparce coming from the dealer. It's to go on a 4WD 30HP 3cyl. diesel. Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you, B. Kilgore

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-16          98502

I haven't looked at a Meteor,but they have been around awhile. What brands are around you for parts? You will only need parts when it's snowing and your half done.
I would look for grease fittings on all moving parts,adjustable skid shoes. A 30 hp tractor would run a 60" blower without any problem. The blower should be a little wider than your tractor.
Good luck.
Happy with my provonost. ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-17          98560

Generally, IMHO, most of the blowers have homeowner, commercial and professional lines. The difference is the thickness of the materials, gear boxes and fans. Some brands have optional stuff others it comes standard.

#1 Look at size of Fan and depth.
#2 4 paddles is MUCH better than 3
#3 paddle attachment good welds and back bracing

Me thinks if you pay close attention to those areas the rest of the blower is built around the fan and the quality will be there. You may have to add some options.

Look at your shipping weights. More weight means more steel which will outlast a lighter one given the same applications.

A light weight blower used carefully by a smart home owner will probably outlast the heavist professional unit used 8 hrs daily in the worst stuff.

I have looked at the Meteor lightweight line and they are built as good as the variety. Bottom line you'll get what you pay for here. If you are careful and only do your own driveways you will be fine with most any brand.

If the neighbor calls you to come and help him out because he ran out of push room with his snow plow and you start busting ice chunks, frozen sod, a block of fire wood, large rocks from the scalp job, you may get disapointed with a light weight unit.

Sorry about the long winded reply. But been there done that!

Art sold me a used Pronovost professional unit I use it carefully but I use it anywhere. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login