Go Bottom Go Bottom

Blower for a Kubota B1550

View my Photos
SteveInMD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-30          62926

I'm looking for a 3 pt. hitch snow blower for my Kubota B1550. I beleive the the PTO is rated at 15 Hp. Kubota makes a 50" blower for the 15 Hp BX tractor. I checked on the Woods Online website, but the smallest Woods blower is a 60". What are some other brands of small rear mount snow blowers to consider?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Blower for a Kubota B1550

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-31          62946

I have a 5' Meteor, which is a moderate priced blower that been just fine for me going into my 5th winter. I don't know if a 4' model is available. Pronovost and a few other names higher priced names come to mind. Large regional fabrication shops sometimes make blowers and dealers often are aware of them. A dealer should be able to suggest after-market products for somebody who doesn't want to pay the price for factory attachments. Since I was in the Northern Tool site for another discussion, I expected to find a small inexpensive 3ph blower there, but there is just a 5' one.

I'd look for one that just covers the rear tire tracks. The HP requirements for a blower are manageable by controlling ground speed. A small HST equipped tractor can use an oversized blower to clear heavy snows by creeping along. However, with my gears, the slowest I can go is .8mph at pto rpm. At .8mph my 24 pto hp tractor doesn't blow enough snow to keep up with the ground speed for the heaviest snows we get around here. The problem is manageable but I don't think I'd want to use a 5' blower on a 15-hp tractor in an region that's subject to heavy snows. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login