Go Bottom Go Bottom

1942 Ford Snow-go Snowblower

View my Photos
ranger
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-11-01          44532

We have a 1942 Ford Snow-go Snowblower. We have replaced the blower engine three times because it continues to spin rods. The last time it went through the block. The blower engine is a 450 6 cyl. gas International. Does anyone know why this continues to happen or anything about this machine. We sortof inherited it and can't find any info on it. We would appreciate any help you have. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-11-02          44547

I guess these are piston rods and is what I'd call throwing them but I might be getting it confused with spinning bearings.

I don't know the machine but a bit more information might help. There are all sorts of things that could lead to repeatedly throwing rods in an engine that wasn't repaired completely. However, if the three engines were entirely different, then an engine problem doesn't seem likely to be the answer.

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-11-02          44553

I believe that engine was used in there truck division. If it is the one that I think it is I'm not familiar with the trouble you are refering to as I believe that other than a healthy appetite for fuel they were fairly relaible. I would wonder on the govonor settings being right and maybe an over speed condition might be causing some of your problems. you might want to talk on the red power web site as there are many people playing there with old red equipment and you might find someone there loaded with the knowledge you are looking for. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login