Go Bottom Go Bottom

670 JD snow chains

View my Photos
Mike Spencer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-02          24936

Can anyone help? I have a 670 JD 2wd with 31/15.5-15 rear tires. The wide turf tires are great for mowing. The problem is that they are so wide that there isn't room between the tires and the 3 point hitch lower arms and also between the transmission filter lines and the tires to put on chains. The tires are full of fluid but still don't have enough traction to deal with blading snow. And we've had so much snow this year that I'm finally frustrated enough to ask for suggestions. I've put it off for 4 years now. Since I use it primarily for mowing our yard, I prefer the turf tires. Can anyone offer an affordable solution?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

670 JD snow chains

View my Photos
Jeff B

2001-03-02          24945

Check out the discussion under Snow, chains/studs, dated 2000-12-22. Might be an acceptable solution there. -JeffB ....

670 JD snow chains

View my Photos
TomG

2001-03-03          24948

I doubt I could put on chains with my turf tires either. However, I never faced the problem because I bought the tractor with a 3ph snow blower. I have plenty of traction for blower use as well as some light removal and pushing stuff around with the loader. ....

670 JD snow chains

View my Photos
Mike Spencer

2001-03-03          24959

Thanks, Jeff. The ice screws look to have some possibility. However, I measured my tire tread and, although not worn, have only about 3/8 inch of tread lugs above the bare tire. I wonder if a 1/2 inch ice screw would be so long that it penetrates the tire. ....

670 JD snow chains

View my Photos
Kenny

2001-03-04          24993

You might want to see if you can find spacers to go between the wheel and axle. Check with your dealer to see if deere sells them or they might know of an aftermarket company that does. If all else fails, your local machine shop should be able to fabricate a set for you. ....

670 JD snow chains

View my Photos
Mike Spencer

2001-03-04          25019

Thanks. Yea, I considered that too. Deere doesn't sell them. I may check on this option. I'm afraid by the time I buy all new longer lug bolts and have the spacers made, I will have spent a pile of money. Anyway, thanks for the input. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login