Go Bottom Go Bottom

Front mount snow blower

View my Photos
Glenn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-01-10          23280

HI, I getting a pain in the neck with my rear 3ph snow blower and was wondering about a front mount unit. Does it exist? Can this be done mechanically? What are the costs? I have a Bush Hog front end loader and have thoughts of some how mounting it to that and removing the bucket????Any help and thoughts would be appreciated.ThanksGlenn

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Front mount snow blower

View my Photos
B.C. Underwood

2001-01-10          23285

What kind of tractor do you have? Do you have a mid PTO? ....

Front mount snow blower

View my Photos
TomG

2001-01-11          23301

B.C.'s questions are to the point. Yes front blowers exist, but the mounts can be fairly specific to a tractor. They also usually run off a mid-PTO. I thought about a front mount before I got my 3ph blower, but I don't have a mid-PTO. A dealer was aware of a conversion kit to bring rear-PTO's forward. The dealer thought the kit was around $1000CAN. I figured that pain in the neck was preferable to pain in the wallet. Besides, I decided that I wanted to have my loader during the winter and not have to do any ‘quick’ changes with my numb fingers. I believe that with these kits there also is an issue of whether the speed and direction of rotation is right for a particular front blower. ....

Front mount snow blower

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-01-11          23307

We are lacking something that we need to know and that is what tractor you have. There are loader,snowblower combinations for some tractors but they come from the manufacturers like Kubota. After market front mount snowblower kits are available but they connect to the rear pto not to the mid pto. Anything can be built to fit just with varing degrees of difficulty. ....

Front mount snow blower

View my Photos
Glenn

2001-01-11          23322

HI, I thought I entered my model info. It is Ford 1710 compact tractor. I have no mid PTO at this time. I think one is available as a kit???

I hope this helps and thanks for the info. so far.

Glenn ....

Front mount snow blower

View my Photos
TomG

2001-01-13          23387

I've got a 1710 as well. I'm not sure a mid-PTO was available as an option for 1710's. At least I can't find anything about fixing them in my repair manual. However, I think that adding a mid-PTO would require replacing a lot of the tractor. Something like might be interesting if a tractor had some major damage and a lot had to be replaced anyway. Otherwise, I imagine the cost would be prohibitive. At any rate, my dealer thought he could set me up with a front blower if that's what I wanted, so I imagine that after-market equipment is available for 1710's. However, I was working to a pretty thin budget, and the rear PTO conversion kit would have blown it. Besides, I kind of like my 3ph blower, and I really like having the loader available without having to 'quick change' anything. ....

Front mount snow blower

View my Photos
Glenn

2001-01-13          23405

Hi, I dropped in on my local dealer today and the cost for the material would be in the $6,500 range plus installation. For that kind of money I can buy alot fo massages and neck adjustment. Thanks for your input.

Glenn

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login