Go Bottom Go Bottom

broken pto output shaft

View my Photos
semiringeye
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-21          183603

I broke my pto shaft by not makeing sure the driveshaft was all the way in the slipshaft and when I raised the brushhog,bang ,broken output shaft.now I need to get it out so I can compare it to others and replace.I haven't a clue as to how to get it out.The pto shaft is in the bottom of the case with another shaft on top that runs from front to back with gears on it.Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

broken pto output shaft

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-22          183606

One of those things that any of us can have happen, but now to the repair. I don't know anything about your particular brand of tractor so I'll speak only in general terms that would cover any brand.
Is this something you would feel comfortable doing yourself?
Do you have a tech manual for the model you have?
How about tools. There will likely be snap rings and all that which are all but hidden which may require a special tool to remove and replace them.
The tractor may have to be split to remove some of the parts, like a longer shaft etc. do you have a safe way to support the tractor while it is split?

I'm not trying to scare you away from doing the repair yourself but would hate to have you get into something that may overwhelm or get you hurt.

Frank. ....

broken pto output shaft

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-22          183609

I'm not familier with thatparticular model but with others it often requires a rear split and near total disassembly of the rear end. ....

broken pto output shaft

View my Photos
semiringeye

2012-05-22          183618

thanks for the replies.i think i will button it back up and wait until I can identify the model and then I can maybe find a manuel.thanks again and i will try to post some pictures which some one may recognize`. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login