Go Bottom Go Bottom

counter rotating tillers for tractors

View my Photos
jkcffs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-06          141097

I am in the market to buy a counter rotating tiller for my tractor (approx 50"). I am looking at a landpride for my john deere 4100. Any one have any info on this combo? Is there any other counter rotating tillers out their for the tractor beside land pride? Will also be used on my ford 860, so the off-setting capability is needed. Is the counter roating tillers all they say that they are, or are they a waste of money. Will it do a good job for my garden? Please help me?

Thanx,

Confused garden girl

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-07          141105

jkcffs: I bought a Landpride 1558 forward rotating tiller this past winter that I haven't got to try out yet. I looked at a reverse rotation Landpride sitting beside it and almost bought it instead. My thought was that perhaps the reverse rotating tines would toss any surface trash over the top instead of catching and wraping in the tiller tines, not sure of that, but just my thought. Others here may have some first hand information that will help you more. I'n not sure how big a Ford 660 is but your 4100 Deere may be crying "Uncle" when it tries to pull or lift a tiller of that size. Look up Landpride.com it gives all the specs on the power needed and the weight of the tiller for your 3pt. hitch to lift. Your owners manual for the 4100 will tell you it's lift capacity, you'll definetly need some front end weights or a loader on the 4100 for ballance and safety. You can buy cheaper tillers than a Landpride, but I don't think there ijs a better tiller built than a Landpride. Best of luck. Frank. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-07          141107

If you look in the archives, a lengthy discussion of this topic was about a year ago. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login