Go Bottom Go Bottom

Woods Tiller

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-01          110559

I just installed my Woods GTC 52" tiller. In doing that I had to adjust the Cat I brackets as they were set too close together. However, I noticed that when I placed centered on the PTO shaft that the tiller is actually off-set about 4" to the right.

If I were to align it to be centered on the tractor, then the PTO shaft would be a bit to the left of center.

I chose to have the PTO shaft connect "straight" - did I do this correctly? Could I run it with the slight off-set as well?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Woods Tiller

View my Photos
havoctec
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-02          110606

You did it right. the offset of the tiller is to cover your tire tracks on one side. If the tiller is wider than the tractor then you could center it on the tractor but having the pto offset is very hard on the universal joints. ....

Woods Tiller

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-02          110643

Thanks! I thought it was the right thing to do. I've only run the tiller about 20 minutes so far but I've been impressed. It "found" a couple of bigger rocks and kicked them up easily. Now I know why they say to keep the back cover open in rocky soils - otherweise they just bang around inside the tiller.

I was really surprised at how quiet the tiller runs. My JD Snowblower attachment was very loud. But this implement is very quiet.

Now if it only stop snowing in Central Wisconsin! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login