Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pole Building House Recommendations

View my Photos
nbdk10
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-01-16          191869

Hello,I am thinking about building a small pole building house for a rental property (approx 800-1000 sq ft) I can do about all the work myself except concrete and drywall.Does anybody out there have any experience with this? Cost? Any plans ? General experience ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-01-16          191870

Personally I would go the steel building over a pole barn. They have all steel frame no wood to rot. I have a garage and a barn I ordered from American Steel out of Pioneer Ohio, 1-800-871-4057. My garage is 22x25x8 and cost $5048.00 in 2004. I did all the concrete work. They sent 2 guy's and they had it all up in 12 hours. My barn is 30x30x14 and they had a crew come in and had it up in 4 hours. I left the ends open since we don't live there because the barn across the lake has been broke in to twice - nothing was taken they just looked to see what was in there. It cost me $5000.00 installed and they anchored it with 10 mobile home anchors has 25 year warranty, snow rated and has 110 or 130 mile an hour wind rating. The barn was installed 2012. We've been happy with both, and when we build out at the lake I'll have them add another 30' on the barn and close the ends. ....

View my Photos
robot11

2015-01-16          191873

nbdk, I completed my pole bldg. home one & a half years ago. I put mine on a foundation though so that I would not have any poles in the ground, if it was going to be rental property than I wouldn't mind the poles being in the ground.

I had a pole bldg. company come in, put the bldg. up on my foundation then I built all the inside walls. The Pole Building I bought was a Lester Building and if it were engineered properly, the material I paid for was delivered to me and their Lester Dealer/Builder had put it up with just a little attention do detail and cared about his workmanship, than I'd be happy, but that wasn't the case.

I was very specific on what I wanted, but Lester Bldgs. incorrectly engineered my bldg., they shorted me on several different materials that I paid extra for like 3/4" plywood on all exterior walls, dripstop on all the roof metal that covers the house portion, hangers for the roof purlins, cement anchors for the columns.

Then you add in the poor workmanship of their Lester Dealer/Builder from I believe your state. After this Lester Builder finished my bldg. and left the state we had our first rain at which time I noticed I had 25 leaks in my roof. Before this builder left town he told me that if he had to come back for anything it would be a $500 minimum and I wasn't going to pay him to come back and fix his mistakes, so I got on the roof and fixed them myself and what I found was that he had installed the roof screws missing the purlins, it took me 2 days to fix this.

It took me 2 years to finish and move into my bldg. at which time we started noticing more serious problems, so I called in an Amish crew to check out my bldg. who found several problems, I tried to get Lester to fix them, but they said they didn't feel any responsibility for my bldg. issues, so I paid the Amish to fix my Lester Bldg. and what they found was 8 roof purlins not nailed at all, they actually pulled one up and out to show me which would explain why on windy nights it sounded like my roof was going to blow off.

A lot of my soffit only had one staple holding it on and when the staples went thru the steel they bent only allowing 3/8" to go into the facia board which would explain all the rattling we were hearing. Facia boards barely on the trusses, we had sister nailers on some trusses. 2 bird blocks not installed, but the ones that were installed didn't have even one nail holding them in place, I personally screwed every one of them off myself.

I paid the Amish a lot of money to fix all of the mistakes and poor workmanship on my bldg. and with that in mind I don't recommend you buying a Lester Building or having their Lester Dealer/Builder do any work for you, his name is C&C Construction, Willis Childress is his actual name. ....

View my Photos
leecampos

2015-03-25          192411

I own two steel buildings and I build them 3 years back for renting purpose. I must say steel or metal buildings are most easy and quick to build. All you need is to connect metal sheets through a beam. I took help from professional for beam measurement and attachment purpose only rest is easy. It hardly require one week to complete one steel building. ....

Link:   ventis reviews

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login