Go Bottom Go Bottom

Looking 4 info on LG Tractors

View my Photos
ob1kubota
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-25          94410

I am aware of the units they mfg for Long and Tafe as far as the Korean made compacts,nice units,Looking for input on their other models which seem to be more diversified than what comes to the US, I thought I read somewhere that they mfg a couple of larger New Holland models. Any input would be helpfull

Link:   Link to LG WEBSITE

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
BobbyB

2004-09-11          96228

Hello ob1,

I tried to look at your link and it did not come up. Here is a link to LG Agricultural Machinery. They make excellent machines.

Look at all of their tractors and specs.

Thanks,
Bobby

Link:   LG Agricultural Machinery

View my Photos
BobbyB

2004-09-11          96230

Lg tractors are now being sold in the U.S. under the LG brand name. They have been available in the U.S. under the name of Long, Farm Trac, and a few TAFE models but not all of the TAFE are LG made.

I know LG is a liscensee to New Holland but don't know the exact nature of the relationship.

The LG is the LG Montana line and has the following models available in the U.S. the LG2740, LG3040, LG3240, LG3440HST, LG3840, LG3940HST, LG4340, LG4940 and LG5740. All listed are 4x4 but they do have 2WD in many of these models. The first 2 numbers of the model are the engine hp and the 40 indicates the 4x4.

Most are 4 cyl. Mitsu engines but some have the 3 cyl. Daedong engines.

LG is a large company that most people know for electronics, telecom, plasma TV, appliances etc... They are in fact almost a 100 billion a year company. These tractors come from their ag division. It is a high end machine.

Hope this helps.

View my Photos
ob1kubota

2004-09-21          96997

Thanks for the input, I have sighned up with them as a dealer and I now have some on my lot now,It's tough doing research on a newer distribution company, Ended up calling some of their existing dealers for feedback, The tractors are good overall. Very impressed with the cab model ....

View my Photos
BobbyB

2004-09-22          97059

Hello,

I am a dealer and have all models in inventory. My favorite is the LG4340 with industrial tires. What a monster. I understand they are adding dealers at a very fast pace.

These are very high quality machines that I am sure will do very well. ....

View my Photos
dfkrug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-27          103049

I am hoping to see some of the new LG Montanas at the World Ag Expo in Feb (Tulare, CA). I bet they will be well-made machines. LG is one of the big four Korean mega-corporations (Samsung, Hyundai, Daewoo, LG).

It would be nice if there were more competition with the other 30+ hp Hydro CUTs, like the Kubota L3130/3430 and the JD 4320. I just saw some pricing on the LG Montana 3440HST from a Missouri dealer on Ebay, and it is soooo close to the Kubota pricing. Won't they have to go lower to get in the market?

What do you think, OB1KUBOTA?

View my Photos
ob1kubota

2004-12-28          103064

I am now a LG dealer here in CT, I believe the dealer that you are refering to is also offering free shipping so they will show a higher price, Dont go by Ebay for price referencing ,That dealer has to factor in Id think atleast onethousand per machine to average out and cover the freight. As far as price comparison Montana tractor to Kubota,For example I have a 34 hp model 3440hst 3 range eaton hydro tractor loader with R4 Tires,Rear remotes and draft control priced quite a bit better, If you compared a similiar featured grand L series Kubota I believe that you will see about a 15-18% difference. Momtana does have competitive financing plans and a 3 yr warranty. I do love the Kubota product line - Im not knocking them in any ways just responding ....

View my Photos
dfkrug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-28          103072

I certainly am a fan of the newer Kubs and JDs, too. I have seen very few of the Korean makes, and none with Hydro. (That Kioti CK30 is very rare, apparently.) I have little doubt that LG makes a nice machine, and 34 and 39 hp hydros are going to be very popular if they sell for much less than the L3130 or the JD4320.

OB1, can you tell me what you sell the 3440HST with loader for in CT? How about the LG backhoe...have you seen one? Who makes it an how much is that?

Let's make this the LG-Montana thread. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login