Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti vs Century vs Mahindra

View my Photos
scout180
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-26          89366

This is just my 2nd post, have been lurking here for a while. I left the farm 39 years ago - Farmall M (still have it), Case LA, and Oliver 55. Now that I'm retired I have this crazy idea that I want a tractor to play with! Have only an acre but help plenty of "friends" with more space. I borrow a Ford w/loader about 4-5X/yr. for various projects.

The other online place lists a Kioti LK3054 (90 hrs), Rhino 2408 FEL, Kioti 6' finish mower,6'deluxe grader blade, 3pt carry all, 125 gallon water tank and an 8 roller silver series pump from TSC (rated at 22gpm), home made weed sprayer. Pix look great. Owner says he's downsizing and is asking $15,500. How does this sound to y'all?

I've always been attracted to green but too much $$ - I just wear the hat! The Century 2028 and Mahindra 2810 seem like good potentials, but I've not priced them seriously. Should I even think about the new Kioti LK3054XS? I don't seem to find the specs for LK3054 above online at Kioti-just the XS.

Thanks for reading my ramblings - appreciate anyone's response and ideas....I'm in no hurry at all!

Dave in VA

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-06-26          89416

You may want to price a 3054xs first.Price new with loader should be around the $15,000 area.
New you would get a full warranty and the xs model has higher gpm hydraulic flow, under hood exaust and a few other changes.
I should have a spec flyer here somewhere for the 3054, if you want them I can look. ....

View my Photos
scout180

2004-06-27          89417

Thanks Vince,

I did just that with an online Kioti dealer in IL. They sent back 1st response as:
LK3054XS w/R4s: $11,450.00
rhino 2408loader: 2150
54inch loader bucket: 345
6ft finish mower: $1200.00
6ft grader blade tiltangle: 347
lk grill guard for rhino loader: 85
delivery: 937.50 to VA
total: $16,514.50 less $250.00 for cash

Seems like this makes the 98 hr used one a little high, even without the carryall and sprayer setup.

Appreciate the advise. OK to hold on searching for older 3054 specs....

Anyone want to comment on Century or Mahindra? ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-06-27          89419

A good friend of mine has been selling Mahindra tractors here in eastern Ipowa for a couple years now. He's told me lots of good things about them, like parts avaiabilaty, etc., but I really haven't taken the time to look one over yet. I've allways been pretty staunch about sticking with Blue, Green, or Orange becaus of their reliabilaty records and all have good dealer networks and parts systems. After visiting with my Mahindra dealer friend maybe after proving themselves the Red ones may join the big three. Take care of that "M" Farmall, I've only got four or five of them and might need another one someday. From another old Farmer, Frank. ....

View my Photos
scout180

2004-06-27          89435

The M is a 1946 that dad bought after WWII. It pulled 2-18s. Then we bored and sleeved with M&W Crater Head pistons, stretched rear rims to take 15.5X38s and pulled 3-16s with 2-way hydraulics.

Maybe the Mahindra will become a new RED.... ....

View my Photos
Miketnsa379

2005-01-18          104471

I think you should consider a Mahindra 2615HST 4X4, I bought one and love it! The whole tractor is made in Japan by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Very strong loader and 3pt lift. Very heavy at 2600lbs! It doesn't matter what's under the hood if you don't have traction. Mid PTO is standard, 15" wide R4 tires are standard. I only regret not ordering it with the rear hyd. valves.
Orange= light weight/ Blue and Green= Middle weight/
Red= Heavy weight! Good Luck!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login