Go Bottom Go Bottom

Clutch or transmission problem in Zetor tractor

View my Photos
BNB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-01          78303

Help! I have a Zetor 7745 tractor with a front end loader. While loading dirt, it acted like the clutch was slipping (dig into the dirt and then come to a stop with the clutch still engaged, or not move forward with wheels turned too sharply or in soft dirt.) Shortly after that I stopped to close a gate and then it refused to move. While towing it to the barn to start repairs in heavy snow, we tried it and found that sometimes it would move forward fairly well, other times very weakly, and most of the time not at all. The previous owner suggested that the problem may be low transmission/hydraulics oil. Sure enough it was low. Filled it, and tried it again and it seemed to be OK for about 100 ft, but when I changed gears, it refused to move again. The engine is running fine and the hydraulics and steering work great, but it is not getting power to the wheels. Any help would be appreciated....BNB

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2004-03-01          78322

It sure does sound like a slipping clutch. About the only simple thing I can think of to check is the linkage and adjustment. If the pedal isn't returning to the top or there is insufficient free play at the top of travel then the clutch may not be fully engaged. An owner's manual should describe any adjustments required.

I don't know if the clutch has a hydraulic assist but that might be something else to check. If it's a dry clutch and there is a removable splash pan you might be able to see what's going on.

View my Photos
Machinehead

2004-06-05          87801

I have the same tractor . Zetors have a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder notorious for leaking and or freezing up. That is most likely your problem. A new one is only about $45 and should solve all your problems. There are otherwise a very tough tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login