Go Bottom Go Bottom

30 hp Iseki

View my Photos
bjr2351
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-14          71148

Are Iseki not very popular? Maybe just hard to get. I've really been tryin' to find a approxiamately 30 HP 4wd and no FEL, here in the northwest and I'm not having much luck. The few I've locate have had near new price, if compare to the Chinese Tractors. I almost went with the China tractor but the shuttle shift is important to me and that doesn't seem to be available. Also power steering is important to me. Some of the importers seem to run there store more like hobbies rather than as a business, I mean no replies to my inquiries and no sales people on regular days. bjr2351

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

30 hp Iseki

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-14          71151

I see you are looking for a fel with your tractor. I'd make sure there is ample pressure to turn the wheels with the bucket full at an idle. ....

30 hp Iseki

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-15          71198

Some of the other grays are discussed here regularly but Iseki's come up rarely and there doesn't seem to be a lot of specific knowledge about them. I haven't heard anything bad about them but then I haven't heard much about them at all.

Some of the grays make fine tractors; they just don't have much dealer service and parts support in N.A. I think they'd be good choices for people who are able to do their own maintenance and don't mind spending time finding parts. I don't know how Iseki fits into this idea but maybe somebody else does. Could be that they're fine tractors but few people know it or find that it's worth risking hit and miss parts and service support if it's needed. Wish I could be of more help.

Chinese tractors may be good choices for people who don't need bells and whistles and put a few hours a year of light work on their tractors. Thinking in terms of total ownership costs is good for evaluating choices. Chinese tractors start off with lower prices but maybe take more parts and service, and the time of finding parts and service should be counted in total ownership costs. They don't break if they aren't used much though. On the other hand, it doesn't take too many parts for a major brand to start sounding like the price of a new 'crate tractor.' ....

30 hp Iseki

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-18          71667

A used good condition Japanese tractor is worth more than a new Chinese tractor. They are much higher quality than the Chinese tractor. Even though the used tractor has some hours on it, over the long haul it will probably need fewer repairs. ....

30 hp Iseki

View my Photos
code3mmc

2004-02-20          77444

I was at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, Kentucky last weekend...looked at Massey-Ferguson 1433 (33 horsepower, 4WD, had a FEL on it and a bush hog).
Just below the driver's seat was a silver decal that very clearly said "Manufactured for Massey Ferguson by Iseki something or other Tractor, some city or other Japan. MADE IN JAPAN."

You might want to look at the M-F compacts....they didn't look too bad, but then I am a true novice in the area of tractors (I'm a city boy ;).

Mike in Marysville, Indiana 47141 ....

30 hp Iseki

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-21          77453

FYI on Iseki. Probably a very good machine,They have a nice web page.
World wide network header should answer some of your questions.
"My two cents"
Buy something you can drive a very short distance to get fixed,
and something you can sell when your done with it.
Good luck. ....

Link:   

Click Here

30 hp Iseki

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-21          77458

Yanmar tractor page had an interesting pdf on grey market tractors you might consider in your quest for info.
Does Iseki sell in the US under that name? Nice
looking tractor!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login