Go Bottom Go Bottom

Simplicity lawn tractor

View my Photos
T-BoneWalker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-12          63737

Just thought I'd share this with all of you here. When I moved to a place in the country, and had to mow about 3 acres, I did a little research into lawn tractors. The feedback and ratings on the Simplicity were good, so I bought a 16h Broadmoor in 1998. It really performed well, mowed beautifully, and the deck was so easy to take off and on, I thought I had it made. The transmission, which was a sealed unit, bit the dust after 2 years, and was replaced under warranty 3 years ago. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago, when I could hardly get it to go up my hilly backyard. Back to the dealer, who tells me that the tranny fluid is aerated. He changed it to a synthetic, and says it should now be fine. No go! Still can't get it uphill. Rather upset, I get the phone # for the CEO, and call to discuss the problem. After being directed to the customer service department, I get a call back to tell me that Simplicity wants to make this right, and give me a new, transmission for free, one that I can change the fluid in. I certainly hope that this one does the trick. It's not often that there's a happy ending like this, so I thought I would give Simplicity a good word.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Simplicity lawn tractor

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-13          63747

They do build good products. We did work with them for a couple of years and still are indirectly with the Ferris mowers. During this time I have found them to be a concerned and dedicated company. ....

Simplicity lawn tractor

View my Photos
T-BoneWalker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-09-23          64678

Art
I was quite pleased and surprised when they offered to replace the transmission for free. I haven't gotten it back from the dealer yet, and I'm ready to mow, so I'm hoping it will be just fine................. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login