Go Bottom Go Bottom

replacing a 2000 ford

View my Photos
shoot
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-01          60597

Thinking of selling my old ford 2000 diesel and replacing it with a graymarket 4x4. What type and size would come close to this tractor in performance. Thanks, Larry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

replacing a 2000 ford

View my Photos
Spark123

2003-09-16          63996

Why?? The Ford is much better built. Cheap to maintain and parts are readily available. Unlike the imports you are looking at. ....

replacing a 2000 ford

View my Photos
TomG

2003-09-17          64102

Comparing performances would depend on the work done. The 2000 is a 2wd tractor with around 35hp/3,500 lbs. tractor. Compacts in the HP range are much lighter but gain back the traction they loose from less weight with 4wd. Most would provide better hydraulics, PS and HST (or more gears than a 2000). I don't put a lot of stock in the differences between diesel and gas engine performance except for fuel economy. I'm guessing the 2000 has high hours and is facing major work, so the comparison is between a new gray and major maintenance expense on the 2000.

A compact would be better for finish mowing, maneuvering, rough ground, loader work and controlling ground speed during pto operation (a 3ph snow blower on a tractor with only 1-reverse gear wouldn't be great and basic 2000's only had one reverse). A 2000 may be better for general ground engaging work and as Sparks said parts and support. However, I haven't found NH parts for my Ford 1710 cheap. Some parts are starting to be hard to get too, but I think after-market parts are far more available for the 2000. As to which grays to look at, I'd read the forums here as a stating place. Specific questions about particular grays will likely find somebody with experience here.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login