Go Bottom Go Bottom

farmtrac 550 dtc fuel delivery system problems

View my Photos
mgreen0110
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-05-16          186986

Filled with deisel and think there was some water in it. Tractor ran for a while and then just shut down. I knew the filter was old so changed it, which it needed. Had to take fuel lines off filter to replace it. Reconnected it all then lostened the main gas line and let it bleed any water i seen out. Tried to bleed everything up to the enjector bleed screw. Once i got fuel to it i locked it down and pumped thebprimer pump about 10 more times. Tractor started up and ran for about 5 mins and shut off. Can bleed it again and does same thing. I took whit i think is the feed pump apart was a little corroded so cleaned up. Had nut with heavy spring and inside a little cup looking thing spring set it. I freed it all up bleed everything again and same thing. Acts like as long as injector pump has fuel it runs fine. Please help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

farmtrac 550 dtc fuel delivery system problems

View my Photos
greyhorse
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-06-01          187143

Think you need to siphon out all the old fuel first. Drain all the fuel be removing filter, store tractor for a day in dry location with fuel cap removed. Then refill full tank with new fuel treated with Power Service. Set throttle on high with helper and crank tractor while you bleed system. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login