Go Bottom Go Bottom

2005 Branson 6530C Reviews

View my Photos
taogden
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-10-18          185219

Other tractors used are Ford 8N, Allis of various sizes, JD, Case, Massey Harris, and Massey Ferguson.

The Branson was just delivered, bought used from a water company in Texas. The tractor has just under 1400 hours, ~1370. It is listed at 65 hp and 57 or 49 PTO depending on where you look. Drained the radiator as soon as it got here afraid there was no antifreeze as it came from Texas. The only noted item was build-up in the radiator, ran some flush through it and saw a very good reason for using distilled water in the future. Might cost a couple of bucks extra for the water, but it is cheaper than taking the radiator off and having it boiled out at a shop.

No use of it yet, but it has started well in the cold, the air and heater work well. The shocks and brackets for the rear window are missing, the 4 wheel drive lever is locked in position as is the creep lever. The radio works, as do all lights, 3 point and other item which can be tested without load. I did contact the seller after the auction and found the tractor was used for a mower along all the right of ways and ditches. The thing was down for a clutch replacement which took a month to get the parts. In the mean time another tractor was bought and due to budget issues it was decided to sell the Branson.

Talked with the local Branson Dealer about getting the parts and had a discussion why they may have been removed and the controls locked out. Found most state agencies do the same thing, running in 4 wheel mode will eat the tires off in short order. The issue with the window is due to truckers peeing in bottles and throwing them out, seems there was two reported cases in Texas where works contracted hepatitis from this practice, when the mower it the bottle it threw urine over the drivers and that was how they got the disease. Interesting, but the only impact to by is finding out how they locked out the controls and buying the replacement parts for the window.

Will report on the goings on with this unit as I use it. Anyone on the forum having experience with this tractor let me know what you like or dislike and any issues you may have had.

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2005 Branson 6530C Reviews

View my Photos
taogden
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-12-17          185741

First issue, 3 point stopped working, raised up and would not go back down. There is an outside lever which can also raise the 3 point, but not lower it. Off the back linkage of the outside lever there is an electrical motor attached to this, this motor runs off a switch inside the cab.
The motor which runs off an electrical switch in the cab, went bad not allowing the hydraulics to release. Pulled motor, and put linkage down. 3 Point functions from inside the cab now off the regular lever. The motor also runs the depth control. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login