Go Bottom Go Bottom

Honda 6522 injector pump

View my Photos
hanajack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-01-25          150735

First, let me say this is a great tractor. Used it almost everyday since '92.

One problem in all that time. The injector pump has leaked for the last 2 years.
My pump leak is getting worse all the time. I feel certain it's o-rings. The rear [of 3] is the worst. Is worse when cold, less or none when hot. The engine shop manual states "do not disassemble". I would but for two problems: I rely on the tractor so much that I don't want the down-time. Second, the nuts that hold the outlet plates on are FIVE SIDED! Aside from the closed factory, I doubt there are a handful of the tools in the US. I made a crude one but used it only to try to tighten the nuts.

I'm looking for a replacement pump at a reasonable price.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Honda 6522 injector pump

View my Photos
newholland10

2008-03-05          151917

you should remove the pump and have it rebuilt.probably cost the same as a used one.plus you will get a warranty ....

Honda 6522 injector pump

View my Photos
hanajack

2008-06-09          154449

This is a little late, but, the situation is that the pump can't be taken appart without possibly distroying it. I know why it's leaking but it requires a special factory 5 POINT SOCKET.

Honda does not have any pumps to sell. Only chance is to get one off another 6522.

Any leeds? ....

Honda 6522 injector pump

View my Photos
kauai96

2012-03-31          182946

Have you removed you injection pump yet? I am trying to remove the one on my tractor to send it out to an injection shop to have it rebuilt. however i cannot get it out. There is an inspection plate you can remove and see a rod, looks like it may be connected to an acuator or something? do you have any clue my friend. I am doing this because my o-rings are leaking as well tractor has been down for a week and i need to get this sent out asap. anby advice would help. ....

Honda 6522 injector pump

View my Photos
hanajack

2012-04-02          182966

I have removed and installed the pump MANY times. You must be VERY careful inside that inspection plate. It connects to the governor with a bracket [easily bent] and a delicate wire/spring. Pump won't come out without that careful work!

When/if you get the pump rebuilt - and it works and doesn't leak, let me know who did it. I have my original leaking pump that I'd like to fix as a backup - I gave up and bought a new one. Pump timing is critical via the shim[s]. With new pump installed, didn't run right and cracked all the rocker arms. Tractor was down for months.

Let me know how it works out. ....

Honda 6522 injector pump

View my Photos
kauai96

2012-06-03          183752

Hey, so i'm from hawaii so i got the pump re-built on in honolulu on Oahu. A place called PCE (Propulsion Controls Engineering) It cost an arm and a leg $820.00 but the pump came back brand new everything was new in it. However i believe i may have done some thing similar to you. I installed the new pump and the tractor was just misfiring so bad. i did not have time to tear it apart again that day, but i came home and my father had tried to mow his lawn with it running like that and it had died on him. so i pulled off the valve cover and inspected and found no damage or excessive play in anything. but now i want to set the timing correctly, but have no idea how? can you help me? what are you shimming and so forth? can you give me a run down of the basic installation procedure? ....

Honda 6522 injector pump

View my Photos
kauai96

2012-06-03          183753

Oh by the way here is a link to PCE's website, there main office is in cali.
http://www.pceshiprepair.com/ ....

Honda 6522 injector pump

View my Photos
hanajack

2012-06-05          183771

Too bad it was run. Per my previous post, double CAREFULLY check the rocker arms - might have broken them.
How is your tractor equipped?
Good luck from Maui. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login