Go Bottom Go Bottom

Olf Farm-all

View my Photos
RRagent
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-07          140277

Can anyone tell me how to tell how old an Mccormick Farm-All Cub is. International Harvester is also on the old sticker, I pulled it out of barn suppose to be about 50 06 60 years old.Red, 4 Cyl,Shift on left of seat,
Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Olf Farm-all

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-03-08          140288

Rragent; The serial number plate is on the right hand side of the front frame just ahead of the engine block below the steering shaft. Give me the number and I can look it up in a jiffy. There are also tons of websites on old tractors that have all that kind of info too. There a neat little tractor I've got one that I finally have completely rebuilt tip to toe, but not painted yet, that's one of my summer goals. Enjoy the Cub. Frank. ....

Olf Farm-all

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-09          140329

Are you sure it's a Cub? I thought they had smaller engines than a 4 cyl. We had a '47 that had the engine to offset to the side. ....

Olf Farm-all

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-03-10          140342

EW; Art could probably fill you in better than I, but the original "Cub" Farmalls were built from 1947 till 1957. They had a four cylinder,59.5 cu. in. L head engine, just shy of 10 HP. on the belt, with a blazing top speed in road gear of 6 1/2 MPH. I think some comfusion arises from when IHC started building riding lawn mowers about the time Deere came out with the 110 series mowers Again Art could fill us in better on this, but I think they were called "Cub Cadets" which did have a single cylinder engine that had a unique starter/generator combination that was belt driven off the flywheel, I've allways wondered why that stil isn't used. Then the "Cub Loboy" series was built, but I don't remember exactly what years they were built, but I think they used the same little four cylinder flathead the original "Cub's" used. There a neat little tractor that did a lot of work on truck farms for years and still are being used. I enjoy getting mine out to pull the Grandkids around in a little trailer, but in the real world comparing the abilitys of the "Cub" to my 4310 Deere is like a drag race between a 51 "Henry J' and a 62 Chevy with a 409 four speed. Enough rambling from me. Frank. ....

Olf Farm-all

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-10          140352

The farmall cub was started in 1947 and he same basic tractor was built till 1979. Ih built many tractors for the farmers that were known to be able to cultivate well right back to the Regular model. That was basically a F-20 with an open gearbox for steering that used a cable assist to the front to turn the wheel faster. When it got to a certain point the cables took over and to have your thumbs hooked into the wheel at that time was a painful mistake! It wasn't till the Cub as well as the models A and B that they went offset for single row cultivation. They did have a model BN that would take the mid cultivators as well as the C,H and M that would straddle two rows and depending on models could do up to four rows. Later they went to front mount and could cultivate up to 12 rows. The Cub's ran that four cylinder engine from start to finish of production with a loboy also being in the line-up and they were also used in the later center chassis design in the 154,184 and 185 tractors that were actually the first compact tractors available for estates that offered everything for attachments except for four wheel drive. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login