Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mahindra tractors

View my Photos
dfkrug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-18          106394

I just got back from the World AG Expo in Tulare, CA. Wow, what a show....1600 exhibitors, 100,000 attendees.

Anyway I saw my first Mahindra tractors, and I was especially impressed with the 3015HST. It used a 3-cyl Mitsubishi engine and it was turbocharged! It was the quietest CUT I have ever heard.

Anyone know of other 25-45 hp CUTs that use turbos?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mahindra tractors

View my Photos
DaveM
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-20          106474

dfkrug,

The 3015 Mahindra, like some of the other small Mahindra line are formerly the CubCadet Mitsubishi line. I have a Cub 7234 and other than red paint they are almost identical. I've wondered the same things about a turbo on a small diesel. How long will they last, is it something else to go wrong, etc. ....

Mahindra tractors

View my Photos
dfkrug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-21          106576

Turbos don't have to be short-lived. Many/most of your 18-wheeler tractors out there (Kenwood, Mack, Peterbilt, etc.) use turbos and get many 100s of thousands of miles out of them.

Here is what I am puzzled about. The Mitsubishi 3-cyl turbo on the Mahindra and your CubCadet, I assume, is about
1.4+ liters displacement and 30hp. Similar 1.4-1.5 liter engines on JD and Kubota cuts are rated 30-33hp. Why no more power in the Mits Turbo? Torque ratings don't seem to be published.

Mahindra tractors

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-02-22          106598

I have the cadet 7275 - 27 HP with Hydro having 3 ranges. In mid-range it is quite powerful and in low range it is real good. A friend has a JD 955 that I believe is rated at 35 HP. My tractor like the Mahindra is a slightly larger frame and weighs more. The weaknesses of the 955 are the small tires and 2 range hydro. If we got in a pulling contest there would be no comparison. It is the size, weight, power and tires. The Deere hydro range selector works easier though.

Now if you compare it to my old Farmall Super "C" that is gas and HP rated about the same but a larger tractor, the "C" can outpull it 2:1. ....

Mahindra tractors

View my Photos
dfkrug

2005-03-03          107205

I have had several JD955s, an excellent machine, with the exception of the front grill. It is 33hp gross, and it is probably the lightest tractor with that much hp. It is less than 2000# naked and has a frame. At 1 1/2 liter, like the Mahindra 3015 turbo-diesel, it should make less power. I almost never use high range, so power is not important with my applications (loader and backhoe). ....

Mahindra tractors

View my Photos
jamese

2005-03-03          107213

Mahindra has a good track record,,they seem to be comming on strong,,I sure think they are worth a hard look,,sort of like when Kubota started out,,no name yet,,BUT growing fast,,just a thought ....

Mahindra tractors

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2005-03-03          107221

At least a couple of the new JD CUTs coming out have a turbocharger. It has bumped their h.p. up a bit. I can't wait to take a closer look at them when they hit the dealers' lots...but I will just look because my 4410 is hardly even broke in yet. Should be interesting to see the response to them. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login