Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC33D Telescoping steering column

View my Photos
Marty54
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-10-02          197144

Has anyone had a problem with the steering column on this series? My telescopic function is unlocked and the center shaft seems to be locked up. I'd rather not buy a new column. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Woodie

2017-10-02          197145

Marty- I Also have a TC33D, I didn't have the exact same problem. But about a year back I had a problem with the positioning locking lever not letting me move the wheel/column forward or back... got parts to repair , parts guys said its an easy repair and gave me assembly drawing.( Dealer is close to an hour away one way and cost for pickup to shop is getting up there in $$$,, so I thought shouldn't be a biggie save a few $) Yup spend 1 1/2 days tearing down, buying special Allen wrench(plus Cutting it down for space to use it in , extra socket extensions ) plus knocking out a pin replacing pin and 4 days building shims , blocks, rope to keep stuff lined up to put everything back together. Plus having short bulky fingers in tight space don't help. Really tight area at base of steering column area to work in. Really a big lesson for me as to how many parts are attached to each other that to access one area you dismantle dozens of others before you and get to where you need to be and of course not enough parts/ assembly manual pages handy.
Wish you the best ....

View my Photos
Marty54

2017-10-02          197149

Thanks, Woodie, but I'm trying to get the telescoping function to lock but the shaft is seized.Any ideas on that? ....

View my Photos
Woodie

2017-10-02          197150

I can only think of having to do the tear down of removing the steering column and working on the shaft and locking cap. Thats not a job id be looking forword in doing. Try and get as many illustrations of assemble beforehand and then determine what possible parts invovled...could be parts rusted/or buildup of grit, dust causing lockup ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login