Go Bottom Go Bottom

backhoe strength

View my Photos
jssihs63
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-07-18          195498

How strong is a 3 point hitch hookup for a backhoe onto a New Holland T4.75 tractor? A sub-frame hookup is probably way stronger, but what opinions do you have on the 3 point? Thanks. John.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

backhoe strength

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-19          195505

I've got a 40hp Foton and just finished digging a 4' deep trench for a water line a third of a mile thru reclaim with 3pt back hoe attachment. I dug thru all rock (some were big rocks) and caliechi. I worked it hard 12 hours a day for three weeks straight and had no problems. I'm totally happy with it. ....

backhoe strength

View my Photos
jssihs63

2016-07-19          195506

I like that, yocsr1. opens my options. :) ....

backhoe strength

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-19          195509

The back hoe attachment I've got runs off the tractor hydraulics. It won't grab everything like a regular back hoe, you learn how to utilize the teeth to get what you want. This might also protect from over stressing the tractor. It'll dig what you want you have to learn how to dig it. Look in the back hoe forum under Brand back hoe there's a picture of it at bottom of section 1. I bought it used it had sat sprauled out on the ground for several years, gave $2700.00 for it and it's paid for itself. A neighbor came back and asked if I could dig up there line going to septic tank. It was 42' at 2' depth. They were quoted $1250.00 and I had it done in an hour and a half. They wanted to pay me but I refused as they're good people and neighbors helping neighbors is the way I was raised. ....

backhoe strength

View my Photos
jssihs63

2016-07-19          195510

I may get that 3 point. but it looks like I will trade for the sub-frame based backhoe tractor. thank you good people. :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login