Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland Tc24d Brake Safety Switch

View my Photos
RBrame
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-04-28          162375

I have a TC24D with an attached backhoe. When I apply the parking brake,the indicator light doesn't always come on. When I leave the seat to operate the backhoe the kill switch under the seat kills the motor in 2 seconds. Is therea Parking brake safety switch that could be faulty or need adjusted? If so where is this switch located? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Holland Tc24d Brake Safety Switch

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-28          162379

Follow the brake pedla lingaeand ther you will find the swicth. It may be out of adjustment, have a bad or loose connection, or a bad switch.

The seat swicth is doing its job when you leave the seat. You could use a bungy strap to hold the seat down, or like I do with my skid steer, install a toggle switch in the seat circuit that makes the system think you're still in the seat. My buddy does a similar thing with his skid steer seat switch, only he disconnected it and uses a short jumper in the connector to take the place of the switch. If your New Holland is anything like my TC33D, LOL eventually you won't even need a seat switch since the wiring and safety module usually go bad in no time. Mine went bad after less than 100 hours. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login