Go Bottom Go Bottom

Need help with New Holland tractor problem

View my Photos
Mulligan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-03          153414

I have a 1999 New Holland 3010s that runs for about 1 minute and then stops. I have checked the fuel system and fuel is getting to the injector pump, at least for the minute or so that it will remain running. It will not restart immediately after shutting down, but will if I wait a few minutes. Then it shut down again in anywhere from 50 seconds to 70 seconds. It seems like there is something (a switch?)that is automatically shutting it down after a short time and then resetting itself if I wait for a few minutes. This tractor has a solinoid valve on the fuel injection pump that opens when you turn the key. It also has a relay that is actuated to open the solinoid. My shop manual doesn't say anything about any special safety switches that might be causing the solenoid valve to close and shut down the tractor. Does any one out there have any ideas as to how to diagnose this propblem or, better yet, fix it????

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-03          153421

Sounds to me like either the fule filter an or sediment bowl are plugged and need cleaning and restricting flow, and/or the fuel filler cap's vent(s) is plugged or nearly so. Try removing the cap and see if it quits. If it doesn't, either clean or replace the cap. ....

View my Photos
texasfarmer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-29          154935

This is almost exactly what my TD95D is doing. It's in the shop getting the injector pump rebuilt right now.

I'm not yet convinced this is the problem yet but New holland told them to send the pump off next time it messes up on me.

The only thing I have been able to find out of ht eordinary is a solenoid on the inside of the pump is buzzing like crazy when the engine runs. I can hear it in the cab. The dealer mechanics didn't know what to think of that. It's not the fuel shutoff solenoid and I don't know what it does, but it's connected by linkage on the outside of the pump to a lever near the front of the pump. You can't move it by hand no matter how hard you try so something isn't right.

My problem has been intermittant for a little over a month now. It usually messes up after I fill up. It will run about 1-5 minutes then start smoking and dying out. when it stalls I get out, bleed the air out and it starts right up and runs fine for a couple more minutes.
When I called them this time to come and get it I had to stop and bleed it out almost 20 times to get back to the house. There is NO air leak and my filters are clean. I'm sure of that. I've been over that entire fuel system with the dealer mechanics out here twice now. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login