Go Bottom Go Bottom

Leaking tire

View my Photos
dkheckmanl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-12-05          149001

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a small puddle of liquid by one of the back tires on my TC 24DA. Just assumed it was rain water that had blown in under the door until today when I was back out in my shed and noticed the puddle was much larger. Couldn't see where it was leaking out of the tire so I decided to drive the tractor out on the driveway to take a closer look. Liquid just poured out at the rim seal at certain point on the tire when it reached the low point of rotation.

Tractor is 3 plus years old and has 175 hrs so the tires are in good shape. Dealer said it was possibly caused by a loose valve stem.

Loaded tires are OK until something like this happens.
My question is what are some other possible causes and fixes? Havn 't had a chance to call a tire dealer.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Leaking tire

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-05          149004

You didn't say if it was a tubed tire or not but most times it is caused from an air leak. When the pressure gets to low the bead comes away from the rim. ....

Leaking tire

View my Photos
bloggins
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-06          149007

My CASE DX25E has the same problem, but my rear filled tires have tubes as the dealer said that they will prevent rim rust out. However it appears that the salt in the tubes corrodes the valve stem so they end up leaking. I've ruined two good quality tire guages too, with salt contamination. I just keep topping up the tires with air as they bleed down ever so slowly. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login