Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland NH TC33D PTO Problem

View my Photos
THOS13
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-02          145290

I have a 2002 TC33D with 260 hours on it. When I try to engage the rear PTO it immediately pops out of gear with the rear mower attached. With no load the PTO stays engaged. I hope I am not looking at major PTO repair expense.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-02          145293

I have the same machine. And I have the factory service manuals.

You might not like this but it could many things according to what I see in the manual. There are many parts inside--levers, pins, a fork, a rod that could be th culprit. But from the outside it could be a loose connection going into the rear axle casting where the control lever attaches. I'd start there first!

Also, check the pivot point where the control levers attach. On mine since I use the right-hand levers a lot I broke the pivot off the bracket---welded it better than factory. ....

View my Photos
THOS13

2007-09-02          145296

I can not see any linkage problems. It appears to me the lever going into the box does not lock in place causing it to pop out of engagement. I disconnected the linkage and moved the lever going into the transmission box to the engage position but it does not seem to lock in place. Is there an internal spring mechanism to lock the lever in? I appreciate any help. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-02          145298

Then you may want to go play the lotto...looking at the manual there is a "detent ball and spring" that is accessed near the shaft where it goes into the axle housing. The manual is hard to see clearly exactly where it is. The ball may be gummed up and/or rusted or the spring rusted, broken or gummed up.

View my Photos
Jigg1300

2008-10-31          157585

We have this same problem wiht our T33D... did you ever figure out a fix? ....

View my Photos
reddawg

2009-04-09          161892

I'd like to know what the fix was also. I have the exact same problem with my TC29D. PTO engages, then pops out of gear as soon as RPM's increase or any load is placed on it. Adjusted the linkage, but have the same symptoms as the original poster. PTO just won't stay in gear. ....

View my Photos
reddawg

2009-10-09          166266

Well, found out why she wouldn't stay engaged... Completely wasted PTO gear and countershaft. And that wasn't the worst of it. I really could have handled just replacing the gears, countershaft and bearings, but what REALLY sucked was that the rear transmission case was cracked right through the internal webs that hold the bearings in place. Dropped some heavy coin on that part even with the sweet discount I get from my dealership owning buddy. Long story really short: Cost a bunch of $ but the transmission never worked better. The damn tractor still has all it's electrical gremlins. Oh well, it's working. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login