Go Bottom Go Bottom

HST Reverse Pedal Slow To Come Back To Neutral

View my Photos
waynecar
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-20          139896

I took delivery on a TC45D that I bought out of state with approximately 250 hours on it today!

One of the things I noticed was that the forward pedal comes back fairly quickly to neutral (maybe a little too quick at times---perhaps I have to learn to not take my foot off quite so fast) while the reverse pedal takes its time (it seems like a long time when I really want to stop!) maybe 3 or maybe as much as 5 seconds.

As a result of this Discussion Board, I quizzed the tractor dealer about the known problem of the HST pedals sticking. He was aware of the problem and said basically that it was a problem caused by a lack of lubrication and that they had fixed the problem, I understand by removing the pivot bracket (or something like that perhaps) and putting a grease zerk in it.

I got the info from another NH which describes what to do about the problem and gives part numbers plus the serial numbers of certain tractors that the repairs are to be applied to. (It of course requires a new pivot bracket and spring.) The person didn't want to have the info posted with the name of the dealership mentioned. I will see if he will let me post the info without mentioning the source.

In previous posts, I do not remember reading that only one pedal was sticking for sure, but I could be mistaken. Is it correct that the mod that NH has for this problem will have to be applied to this tractor after all? Any comments? Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

HST Reverse Pedal Slow To Come Back To Neutral

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-20          139902

Nothing to worry about---just cold oil. It does go away. My blue does this too.

Now, if when it's warm out and it doesn't return to center (not "neutral" technically) then the gas spring might be bad--but I doubt it. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login