Go Bottom Go Bottom

2001 TC35 Clutch problem

View my Photos
Brian Arcari
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-09          119150

I have a 2001 TC35 w/400 hours,shuttle Type transmision, I have a clutch issue, The clutch will not disengage, I can start the trator in gear forward or reverse, If tractor is in Nuetral I can star but it will not go into forward or reverse. It has been parked outside with some heavy rains recently for a week or two of not being used. Any suggestions

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2001 TC35 Clutch problem

View my Photos
Gearhead
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-09          119162

Shounds like the disc is stuck to the pressure plate or the flywheel. Try holding the pedal down while moving in a higher gear and braking the tractor, you might have to get rough with it, and it may break loose. Can't remember if thers a plug in the side of the bellhousing or not. I went through that on a older model not to long ago and popped it's stuck disc loose. If that don't work it's split time, good luck. ....

2001 TC35 Clutch problem

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-10          119184

Clutch disc is stuck to the flywheel. The easy way to get it loose if you can start the tractor is to put it under heavy load (pulling up a hill, or plowing) in a high gear with opened up throttle. Push the clutch in and it might break loose by itself. If not, and you have access to the clutch through an access hole, sometimes you can use wooden wedges or pry around with a prybar and get it loose. You can damage the clutch that way though; and make sure the tractor is blocked so it can't roll if you get it loose while you're under it working on it.

Happens frequently on older tractors parked outside.

Some people "block the clutch" if their tractor isn't going to be used for a while. This is just inserting a little chunk of 2x4 or whatever between the clutch pedal and the floorboard just enough to keep the clutch disc from contacting the flywheel.

Good luck,
Bill ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login