Go Bottom Go Bottom

1530 Oil Leak

View my Photos
Boomer1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-26          115496

Oneace,
I have 1530 super steer with 850 Hrs. The oil pan gasket is starting to leak. What is involved in changing the gasket and how many hours does it take? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

1530 Oil Leak

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-27          115514

Is it a leak leak? Or is is wet from normal wicking? Reason I ask is it is possible there is crankcase pressure forcing oil out? ....

1530 Oil Leak

View my Photos
Boomer1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-28          115536

After Mowing for an hour and parking the tractor there will be 4 or 5 drips of oil on the floor. Seems to be getting worse. The breather tube to the bottom of the engine seems to be clear. Where would the pressure come from? Thanks ....

1530 Oil Leak

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-28          115562

I'm not sure where possible pressure could be coming from other than the breather. Have you simply tightened the oil pan fasteners? I have a full TC33D Service Manual and guess what! It has your tractor listed first! What do want to know and I'll see what I can look up. Doesn't have labor times though.

Before you ask, I looked up Oil Sump Removal and all they
show is the engine out of the tractor and upside down.

Again, this could be just loose oil pan bolts but...
What happens if you remove the dip stick or oil filler cap while it is running (when cold only)? Do you get oily vapor coming from it? How about when the eninge is running is there vapor from the breather? If so it might be a broken piston ring (I had one and my buddy has one on our NH skid steers) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login