Go Bottom Go Bottom

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-28          114035

I found a dealer real close to me (actually the first try) that will happily do ANY work I ever need on my tractor., Seems they are being bought out by anouther dealership and are more than welcoming in ALL new work. I explaned what I heard here and he told me NOT to worry and to bring it in any time, they will happily perform any work that needs to be done. he also told be to keep them in mind when I buy my ls185b in the future!
Good news eh?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-29          114095

Good to hear. ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-08-12          114786

Oneace (or anyone else)
I am contacting this dealer this week to set up a time at the end of the month. I have a question. I already have the filters for the first service (it was included in my purchase) I am going to be short on time that weekend (kid is being brought ot college) Would it be to my benifit to have the dealer not only do the recall work but to ask him to do the 50 hour service and to look at a few minor (possible problems). I have a EVER SO slight hydraulic leak. So slight that it only makes a small 1 1/2 dia. dot/stain on the cement after sitting for a few weeks. Maybe that is nothing at all? Also I have noticed a right front wheel acting a bit funny on the highway. Although I am NOT concerned about either of thoses problems I was wondering if it would be benifitial to just have them SERVICE the rig. Get er done right the first time and dont worry about it for a few years.
Not that I cant handle a simple fluid change and filter change but was wondering if it would be worth haveing the pro's do it and save those filters for the next change.
This would save me time (a big comodity in my book) but would cost me money I really dont need to pay some one to do a job for. ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-12          114788

Brokenarrow: I forgot to mention my LS185.b came with rear weight package, remote jump start posts, and the biggie---two speed option. What kind of prices are you getting? ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-12          114791

If they are coming out any way... But it will cost you about $235.00 for filters, oil and labor.

You mean to tell me that you a just now at 50 hours? What is wrong with you are you scared of all that New Holland H.P. lol ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-08-19          115130

Earthworks
to be honest with you I have NOT got an employee price yet. 2 reasons. One was that I do not want to bother my sales guy. He knows that when I decide to buy,,, I BUY. I asked him for a price back when we were on strike and he qouated me 25500. Cant remember but will check for sure. All in all though? Would you buy anouther one and are you happy with it? I was buying one if I did not go back to work (cause I would be moving and have a use for it.
Oneace. LOL You dog!!!YOu. I have 2 excuses. One is that I have that "city boy attitude" I dont let my diesel just sit there and run when I am talking or NOT actually doing something with it. Unlike my buddy's up there that seem to have an endless amount of money for the fuel and let them run for hours with no action. The other is that,, Well plain ans simple. I use my rig for field work. Almost 95%. That does not create alot of use. I use it on my driveway a bit but since I do not live there I have NOT had to do snow AT ALL!!!! Boo Hoo. May this year I will need it more but the way I see it, the less hours I use it the more I want to use it when I am there. Bottom line is that this rig has so much power that I can do all my work pretty fast LOL ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-08-20          115143

Errrr...$25,500? Was that an LS170? For that much it must be bare bones, 'cause even my old 2003 LS180 cost $28G and all I got was the 2-speed option. If you have to get two options go for the enclosed cab (with or without heat or AC) and the hydraulic quick attach. My aching back feels better just talking about it (about $800---well worth it)! And the 2-speed---especially if you're not working for someone else (time is less money if you go faster) and wanna get the job done quicker.

My buddy wants one just like mine. He has a 2002 LS170 that needs a new piston ring and turbo. Another dealer offered him $2,000 in trade!

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-20          115151

They will give him $2,000 put $1500 in it and sell it for $13,000 ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-08-20          115153

ONEACE: You got it! They told him they would have to put a $5300 engine in it---when all they're gonna do is put a new ring it ---if they even fix anything at all. I'm trying to buy it from him to resell it. What's a good price considering it has 970 hours on it and it's a 2001 not 2002, needs a new seat (racoon damage) and possibly the turbo rebuilt? Is it easy to rebuild the turbo--I mean can I buy the parts over the counter and roughly how much for parts? ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-20          115154

a whole turbo is around $600. A factory seat is about $125. I would say a fair price would be about $5500 to $6000 trade and $7000 - $8000 private sale as is. Fully repaired $12,500 to $13,500 private sale. ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-08-24          115386

I will email him tonight. Like I said I was not sure if it was the price for a enclosed cab OR Not? But it was the 185B and I am not sure. BRB ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-08-25          115445

Earthwrks
Here is my qoute

IT WAS GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU. I ACTUALLY WAS GOING TO CALL AND FOLLOW-UP. I WANTED TO TAKE THE TIME TO GET BACK TO YOU SO THAT YOU CAN BE THINKING ABOUT THE MACHINE.
NEW HOLLAND LS-185.B INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING: TIRES,AUX.HYD.,CAB AND HEAT, REAR WT. KIT& 78"BUCKET. YOUR EMPLOYEE PRICE IS $28,900.00 APPROX.

OPTIONS: 1.) HEAT IS WITH CAB AIR IS $1700.00 ADDITIONAL2.),HYD. FACE PLATE IS $796.00 . 3.) PALLET FORKS ARE $750.00.

RIGHT NOW WE ARE OFFERING 36 MONTHS NO INTEREST

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-08-25          115447

Oneace
You have any idea what the ls170 would be? (Price wise less than the new ls185B). $28,900 is a shock to the system. 3 years ago I had a price of $18,900 on the ls170 with cab/heat which I thought was a hell of a deal. This price of (bassically 30K) is a bit more than what I think I need to spend unless I plan to go into buisness. (WHICH I DONT) lol. ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-08-25          115450

What about the 2-speed option?

Want tracks? This is what I have. Light-weight. Long-wearing. About $1200. They are looking for dealers (at least when I bought mine in Oct. '04)--need to buy 5 sets and get 25% off.

Link:   Tracks Plus

Picture Link
New Holland Tractors warrenty recall work

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-25          115452

Two speed is standard on 185 and 190 and coming soon to 170. Price for the 170 is about $6000 less than the 185. ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-08-25          115453

Brokenarrow: The dealer gave me $19,120 for the '03 LS180 as a trade-in. They wanted $20K to sell it a friend who wanted it. ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-08-25          115464

No idea, but what I do know is that they are a bit crazy on the price for these thingy's (LOL) With the price of fuel and cost of living going the way it is (around here anyway) Taxes and such) 30K for a toy to play with is a bit spendy. I am not impressed with the price. That nasty word geihl (ME BAD) must look real good to many folks out there after pricing a NH. ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
oneace

2005-08-26          115489

Gehl will get you with repair's. ....

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-08-28          115566

I was joking about that! LOL

warrenty recall work

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-09-28          117101

Recall work is done and they performed the 50 hour service for $131.00. Saved me the time (was well worth it) was able to get other work done and still visit with my son (who is away at college and came to the cabin for the weekend. ) Anyway happy with all they done for me, I may have found a new dealer in the future since they are soo close. (See it pays to do work on some one elses rig they bought somewhere else!) LOL

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login