Go Bottom Go Bottom

Great tractor POWER

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-11          110972

I had a great weekend on the boomer tc40. This rig is awesome! Pulling a plow thru ground that should really not of been plowed (too wet still) and it just kept going! I am really impressed with the 4wd! The only thing that WOULD of stopped me would of been the ground pushing up on the frame. Of course I did not ever let that happen. Had to pull the plow out and as soon as I lifted her up the wd walked me right out of a soon to be fatal error if I kept on track. Like always when you start a project it get boring after an hour but I was looking for more ground to plow. If not for me running very low on fuel I would of found more ground (in anouther field) to plow. Good thing I got the field done that day because I dont think it has stopped raining since!
One more good note. The fuel economy is awesome too! I am still amazed at how many hours you can go on 3/4 a tank with out having to refuel! Far and away it uses less than my lawn tractor! (it is a little better anyway). Well I have a full tank and am ready to get her cranked up again just as soon as it dry's up a bit.
This TC40 is an awesome powerhouse and I am extremely happy with it. For awhile I was thinking I should of gone larger. Now that I have really put her to work I Know I have enough tractor for about anything I plan to throw at it.
Tom

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Great tractor POWER

View my Photos
plots1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-12          110995

hay there broken how's it been going. what size plows were you pullin? ....

Great tractor POWER

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-05-12          110998

Hey Plots, things are looking up and going good! Hope all is well with you and yours in Mi.
I own a 2 bottom. Older model an needs to be adjusted just a little bit to help flip the rows over. For the most part it flips them on top of each other just fine but sometimes if the sod is heavy it tends to want to roll back ontop of itself. The more I used it though the better it got. Maybe needed to be polished up a bit but I still think I need to get a real farmer (preferably an older one or a kid that has worked with these before) over to tell me exactly what to adjust. Then again maybe I am goofy! I am pulling this thru a field that had not been broke in almost 3 years and the rocks in in you can build a house or two with. No breakage on the plow (AGAIN!!!) which I am impressed with esp. if you see the size of some of the boulders I need to remove (well not boulders but some are well over 200# and maybe 2 foot accrossed)
SO to answer your question it s a two bottom. What I like is I can pull it in the semi sloppy crap I was in. I was pulling it in medium range and 2nd or 3rd gear. In other words I was running over 4 miles an hour (guessing did not log it out) basically I was traveling at the half way point of my gears and did not know it was back there.
All in all I am impressed and can just imagine what your rig would do!!! Its enough power for me for sure but the kid in me say's (I wonder what the tc 48 would do?) LOL
Anyway it has rained every day but one (I think only one) since I plowed so in hindsight I made the right call. ....

Great tractor POWER

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-13          111007

I have a TC33D and the other day my neighbor ask me if I would try and plow his field he has a plow but no tractor. I have never pulled a plow but was ready to try. He has a two bottom plow. I pulled with really no trouble at all low range and 4WD and it moved right thru. Like you I was looking for more ground to plow. ....

Great tractor POWER

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-05-15          111065

Yep! No offense to the 8n owners but evryday I walk out my garage and look at my 8n sitting in the garage, all painted up and looking good. Its a good place for it though! I still dont have it running and dont care to work on it. ??? What does my 8n have in common with itself before it was painted and after???? Its still dont want to run all the time. Its needs help! ....

Great tractor POWER

View my Photos
jwngej

2005-05-15          111078

Hi Brokenarrow.. When I was a kid, I worked for a few farmers and used a Ford 641 Workmaster with 2 14's and our own Oliver Super 55 also with 2 14's.. When setting up a new plow, what we did is drive the tractor, front and rear wheels, onto something just as high as we wanted to plow deep. For the Ford we used a railroad tie,, then lower the plow to the ground which would be about 6 or seven inches lower than the tractor. Level the plow foward to back and side to side so the points of the plow and the sides of the plow are level on the ground... was pretty easy to do and once you lower them to plow, they should be plowing under the ground just as they were on the ground, nice and level and even and as good as you can get them to work...My dad wanted it to look good even though the disc and drag would just smooth it out anyway... have a ball.. John ....

Great tractor POWER

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-05-16          111143

Nice to hear from you again!
Thats a cool memory! My biggest problem with the old tractor I own was that it only ran when IT wanted to. Never could explain it, sometimes it was just a cleaning of the glass bowl, other times it was a tear down of the carb and rebuild it, cracked rubber lines one time, water in the fluids (good thing I checked that time) Never fail, it seemed like there was always something going on with it and it was always when I needed it to run! Other times it would start and run just fine, usually when it was too wet or too cold to do any work with the darn thing though. That is the main reason I bought the new tractor. I took the old one home feb 2004 to clean her up and fix all that was wrong (or could go wrong) As things happen, sometimes I never did finish it completely, and I lost all ambition to connect the tank and the fenders (front)tighten up the steering sectors and try her out. Just dont really have the drive to spend a day or so on it. mean while it is taking up about 10'x15' in the back of my garage down home here. Someday I will finish it up, I think it may take just a bit more time before the ambition sets back in.
Thanks for your input and story.
Tom ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login