Go Bottom Go Bottom

hard start after

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-05          110738

I ran my tractor pretty hard for the first time this year. I done some serious plowing in some pretty wet field conditions. Had to pull the plow up a few times so I did not burry the rig (in a few wetter spots). I was amazed at how great the rig held up to the conditions and ran right thru it. Here is my question? I ran the fuel down to about 1 gallon left when I was done plowing. This was fuel left in the tank from last fall. The tractor ran great with that fuel. I parked my rig and went and filled it up with new fuel from a station down the road. The next moring (it was about 32 degrees) I went to start the rig and it did NOT fire up right away? It turned over maybe 10 times so I stopped the ignition. Waited about 10 seconds and started to try it again. It fired up and some black smoke came from it (only for a few seconds but more than usual) Is this from the cold weather or is it something to do with running it hard the day before? Is this something I should be concerned with? The rest of the day it started FINE like normal everytime. I am not really too concerned but was wondering what may of caused the hard start in the morning?
Thanks for any information.
Tom

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login