Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC30 Diff Lock sticking

View my Photos
dutch74
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-20          110128

I just noticed the other day the diff lock is sticking. I have to manually pull it up. It doesn't look like there is anything binding on the linkage. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC30 Diff Lock sticking

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-20          110139

Sometimes I'll think the diff lock on my TC29 is sticking, but it always releases under normal use. They don't release until the pressure difference in the drive wheels is reduced...that is, in a pull, the diff lock won't release until you stop, or start downhill, or slow down, whatever. The throw is so short on mine that sometimes it is hard to tell if it is engaged or not.

Good luck,
Bill ....

TC30 Diff Lock sticking

View my Photos
dutch74

2005-04-20          110141

Well that makes sense, however I didn't have any problems with it sticking at all last year, but it sticks even if I push it down and release it while going in a straight line? ....

TC30 Diff Lock sticking

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-21          110169

I think mine pops back up immediately if I press it down when just driving without any impending wheelspin. It's hard to tell because the throw is so short and there is no positive click to tell you if it is engaged or not.

Maybe ask the dealer.

Good luck,
Bill ....

TC30 Diff Lock sticking

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-04-21          110172

Don't know if the design is similar on all makes. It is real crude! Mine bound up from lack of use, rust and dirt. Basically, it is a shaft running through a bushing that can rust and gaul-up. If you disassemble it, lightly sand or use scotch-bright pad and lube it before putting it back together. Your dealer will do just that for about $50.00-$100.00. ....

TC30 Diff Lock sticking

View my Photos
dutch74

2005-04-21          110174

Well, I talked to the dealer and he said "Just spray some WD40 on it." Now I don't think thats a good idea cause thats just a temporary fix. This thing is only about a year old with only 85 hours on it and has been stored inside 90% of the time. I would expect this to happen to an older tractor not a new one. Really moisture should not be getting in there, how can I prevent that from happening? ....

TC30 Diff Lock sticking

View my Photos
oneace

2005-04-22          110225

That is the fix. WD-40 will loosen it up AND prevent the moister from causing more problems. Also make sure the return spring is not collapsed or weakened. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login