Go Bottom Go Bottom

Check list on new tractor

View my Photos
johnathon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-21          96953

I am having my new NH TC35a tractor delivered within the next few weeks. Do you know what all I should check for to insure proper function and or what to look at so as to not be mislead? I have read a number of the post of 1/2 filled tanks of fuel and raditors, extra time on the tractor, scratches, dents, broken wires, etc. I thouht if any of you knew of a check list you all reference as to not miss anything sure would be conforting. Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks all

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bmlekki
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-21          96957

Did you get a box scraper?

Just make sure the dealer runs through the removal of the loader and goes over the Safe Operation of the machine.
Other than that it your time to ask anything you can think of.... I don’t know about New Holland’s but the Deere came with a can a green and yellow spray paint to touch any dings. I thought that was pretty cool...

View my Photos
johnathon

2004-09-21          96958

I am getting a TNT addition, Box scrapper, Double bottom plow, and rhino 5' brush hog. ....

View my Photos
bmlekki
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-21          96959

Very Nice!!

Make sure you post some pictures, or at least take some while it's brand spankin new and clean!

Good Luck!! ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2004-09-21          96962

Tire pressure. Mine was way too high (they say for transport) and nobody at the dealership checked it. Traction is much better when set correctly.
Good luck,
Bill ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-09-21          96996

There is a check list on the very last page of the tractor ops manual. ....

View my Photos
johnathon

2004-10-04          97620

Finally received my New TC35a this friday. The delivery person did not know anything except how to start the tractor, and took my signature on the checklist which was already filled out and signed by the dealer. Said If I had any questions about the tractor and or what was on the check list to call the dealer. I had to look through the manual and go over each step on the check list due to lack of knowledge. It all seems to be ok and functional. Played with the tractor for 2 days and all seems to be working well. ....

View my Photos
s chrand

2004-10-04          97624

Sounds exactly like the delivery of my tractor a few weeks ago. Sort of dis-heartening when I know more about the tractor than the person from the dealer who is supposed to be explaining it to me, and I've never owned a tractor before. I relctantly signed the check list, and a week later they had to come back and pick it back up and fix a leaking hydraulic hose on the loader, a sticking HST foot pedal and level the mowing deck. I dropped in when they had it and went over everything with the service manager, who did know his stuff, and apologized for the lack of knowledge of the delivery person. I felt better then.
Best of luck with your new tractor.
David ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2004-10-04          97626

Generally, most dealerships send out their lowest guy on the food chain to make deliveries. The best method that I've found is to make an appointment the day before it gets delivered at the dealership. Drive it around in their backlot, find out the proper fluids and where to put them and show you the zerk locations. If it is all rusted, dinged and damaged you can save them the delivery hassels and tell them to keep it. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-10-04          97655

I can testify that our regular driver know about nothing when it come to the tractors he delivers. Unless the customer comes in before hand and I can go over every thing with them I deliver the tractor. There is nothing worse than a driver that does not know the unit he he delivering. Even when I deliver the tractor it is hard to get every detail of the the unit, so I give my personal cell phone number to the costumer because I want to make sure no matter what time of day it is if there is a question I want to know about it.

There has been quite a few time that I have have gone out at way after business hours to show or explain in person the operation of the unit.

If you have any question I would say by pass the sales man and the service manager and go right to the person that set it up. Most stores all the service manager is a paper pusher and know very little about the units they sell.

If any one has any question about the New Holland tractor fell free to get ahold of me and I will make sure you are satisfied with your purchase regardless of where you bought it. Instant message me and i will be more than happy to give you my phone number Or I can call you to make sure you are happy and informed. I Can help with anything form the TZ18-24, TC21-24-29-30-33-35-40-45-48-55, TN60-65-70-75, TL80-90-100, TS115-125-135, TM130-145-165, and TV140-145 models. as well as others not listed. ....

View my Photos
johnathon

2004-10-05          97682

Thanks oneace,
Greatly appreciate the offer.
I have been reading through the manuels and it is enough to get me going and explains what I needed to know just yet. I am sure as I get more hours on it I will have questions that the manuel will not cover. This is my first tractor and I am treating it like a newborn my wife says, maybe I am a little over cautious but better safe than sorry is my thought. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2004-10-05          97683

Oneace, I can tell by your posts that you love your job and the product you sell. You are unique to this industry and we need more individuals with your devotion to their job. I feel I can speak for others on this board in thanking you for your expertise and the assistance you provide the NH group.

Back to the original issue. My tractor was delivered by an older gentleman who knew as much about the tractor as the salesman. After unloading the tractor he spent about 30 minutes going over the unit and answering questions. This was on a Saturday morning and he was in no rush to leave. He even made a phone call to the dealership to answer a question that he didn't know the answer. Overall I had a very pleasant purchasing experience. Dave. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2004-10-05          97725

Being delivered on a Saturday I bet he was a mechanic who works on them every day.

But I yes I love the products we sell. I have nothing against green or orange I just do not know too much about them. Even though we also sell Kubota I do not get the opportunity to work with them much.

But my e-mail box is always open if any one has a question on blue tractors and I will try to answer any on orange ones. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login