Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mowing steel

View my Photos
lucerne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-24          86749

Was driving down the interstate today and went by a few New Holland TN's 75's I think, mowing the sides of the road. They mow some incredibly steep banks. One of the tractors was stopped and the driver was looking back as if something was wrong, there was, I almost ran over the mower drive shaft that runs from the pto to mower, well 1/2 of it anyway. I think he ran over one of the metal reflector posts that was bent to the ground by a vehicle. OUCH!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mowing steel

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-25          86839

I 've seen some nasty things role in to my shop like that. Even when you are paying attention when you're mowing extra tall Grass you can easily damage your equipt. That is the reason for shear bolts and slip clutches, to minimize the damage when you hit some thing you should not have. And you should always slip your clutch at the beginning of the season so you know it is going to work. If any body needs information on slipping there clutch let me know and I will e-mail you the steps please try to give the name on your shield different makers different steps and specs. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login