Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC29DA

View my Photos
Beasyouare
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-06          115996

I just bought a TC29DA and was wondering if a they made category 2 parts to replace the category 1 on the three point hitch? I understand that it is probably so someone won't overload the tractor with an implement that is too large but most of my small implements have a cat 2 hookup.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC29DA

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-06          116002

Depending on what you mean by "parts", Tractor Supply carries a good selection of bushings, spacers, and other hitch stuff. I've got a TC33D and use only Cat. 1 implements (no 0 or 2). Even then, I can get the front wheels off the ground using a full box scraper or a 5' brushhog. 2 suitcase weights on the front sometimes doesn't help either. I'd be concerned that the spread dimension of the lower hitch arms would be too wide to accomodate the fairly narrow working width the Cat 1 CUTS offer versus a larger Cat 2 tractor. And I have to think that the critical relationship of the top link being too low down in the tractor may be way off too---just a guess. ....

TC29DA

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-06          116003

Sorry but you won't get away that easy unless I was napping in class again! You could convert your attachments to CAT1 and then use a bushing for conversion that is available at most farm equipment stores. I would hope none of what you have is CAT1-2 which would be a wider hitch point of 32 vs the 28. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login