Go Bottom Go Bottom

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
chrisscholz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-03          109356

Has anyone tested the cub cadet 6284 (28hp cat diesel)? Seems to offer a lot for much less money including a tight turning radius. It seems nobody knows anything about this model (was called 7284 last year).

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
kyvette
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-04          109398

I believe this is a new model just released. I saw a similar (may have been the same model) at the Louisville Farm Machinery show. Salesman said the Cat diesel is new for them this year. It looked like a nice tractor. ....

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-04          109409

Yeah but it is actually a Perkins painted yellow. They put the same engine in the Ferris Zero turn mower. Which MTD owns and also owns Cub Cadet.

Cub has 2 ranges NH has 3 Nh has a higher 3Pt lift and loader lift. Cub is 21pto HP NH is 23. The list goes on and on. You get what you pay for. ....

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
Art White

2005-04-04          109411

Ferris is owned by Briggs and Stratton formerly owned by Simplicity. MTD is a very strong company and has a very deep knowledge of lawn and garden equipment and builds units covering a wide range of prices and levels of quality. Much of the compact tractor line is built from world class companies that are on par with the competition. Cat bought out Perkins several years ago. ....

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
oneace

2005-04-04          109415

Well if Ferris is own by Briggs then all of my sales lit. and my Ferris sales rep is Wrong. Yeah Cat may have bought Perkins but Perkins still makes and designs its own engines and cat will paint them yellow when it is convenient for them.

Any way upon further checking that model cup is not in the same class of tractor as the TC29. The comparable model would be the TC26. ....

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
chrisscholz

2005-04-05          109470

Anyone own a tc26 or farmall (case IH) dx26? What price range are these compacts in? I don't think you can equip this size with a 72" MMM. (But you can't with the cub also). We have 3-4 acres to mow, and I am not sure if the 72" MMM is that much more time efficient than the 60", especially if your smaller tractor can turn sharper, and leave less dents in the yard. ....

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2005-04-05          109471

I have a 4410 Deere with a 72" mmm. I love it but I mow alot. If you prefer to wait an extra day to mow, get the 60" because a 72" pushes lots of grass out one side of the deck and can begin to clump a little more quickly. I mowed alot with a 60" prior to this 72"...on 4 acres, probably only about 10 min faster...although I drove the 60" faster than I do the 72. (You know how it goes with nicer equipment...you're a little easier on it.) ....

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
Art White

2005-04-11          109712

Chris it would depend on your lawn as to the time difference. I do like the smallest tractor with the largest deck to try and tame the trim work time. Ferris has been with Brigg's for a while now! I'd fire your rep! ....

tc29 versus competitors

View my Photos
Art White

2005-04-11          109713

Chris it would depend on your lawn as to the time difference. I do like the smallest tractor with the largest deck to try and tame the trim work time. Ferris has been with Brigg's for a while now! I'd fire your rep! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login