Go Bottom Go Bottom

1982 excavator model number

View my Photos
buncle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-29          81451

G'day guys,

I have a problem obtaining cogs for the final drive of my 1982 model 2&1/2 ton mitsubishi excavator.

My problem is one of identifying thye machine's exact model number (the plate has long since gone - the previous owner is no help).

It has a 2.0 litre diesel motor.

I'm a long way from anywhere (in the south-east corner of Australia) and am about to start building a stone and log house.

Any help or suggestions as to how i can find it's model number (and idealy obtain a service manual) would be greatly appreciated.

cheers, bruce

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-30          81521

Bruce I am going to assume that mitsubishi has been no help?

There are lots of mini excavator used parts dealers out there. Along with regular equipment parts dealers.

Ya-all probably started seeing those things in your country long B4 they ever hit us here in the states.

I have some links. You might try Wengers in PA. They have one of the most encompassing yards full of treasures I know of. Link below.

Good Luck Harvey ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
buncle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-30          81635

Thanks Harvey,

No Mitsubishi have been no help (so far at least) - there are no mitsubishi dealers here - I guess If I learned to speak Japanese a call to japaqn may help.

I have no doubt the parts exist in storage somewhere but before I trudge around half the country i'll try my best to get a model number. (best parts suppliers are several thousand miles north (in Queensland).

First off, what I'm after is a list of mini-excavators they produced in 1982.

cheers, bruce. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login