Go Bottom Go Bottom

373d

View my Photos
beaverIII
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-13          66102

Will need operators manual at least.Shop manual down the road.Not familiar with tecniques for splicing steel hipressure hydraulic lines please advise. How do I contact.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

373d

View my Photos
TomG

2003-10-13          66117

I think most if not all fittings used for steel hydraulic tubing are flare fittings. I don't know if compression fittings are approved for hydraulics use but I doubt it. It'd be best if a hydraulics shop made the fittings. There are also bending and routing issues.

Installation of the probably fittings requires a double flare on the tube ends. Good tools are needed. The tube may be metric and then metric tools would be required, which may be difficult to locate. If you haven't got the tools a shop do it cheaper than 'do it yourself' for a one-time job. You'll likely hear about sources of manuals etc. from other posters. ....

373d

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-14          66244

I can supply you with manuals & parts for your tractor. I braze fittings on for most of my loader applications. Hydraulic compression fittings are also available. ....

373d

View my Photos
TomG

2003-10-15          66274

Leonard: Thanks for the tip on hydraulic compression fittings. A book I have doesn't mention them and I haven't seen them. They might solve a problem I have since the shops around here don't seem to have flaring and bending tools for metric tubing. I'm not sure why I shy away from brazing. That is an alternative but it's also a job for pros. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login