Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mitsubishi model 2650 power to the wheels is intermittent

View my Photos
azcowboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-03-29          198276

Hey Folks; I big hello from Phoenix, AZ. I have a 2650 D that came to me as a refurbished tractor. I had a 2650 D for several years before trading it to this one. It came to me with about 60 hours on it and it has been fine since I acquired it back in Oct, 2018. I now have only 120 hours on it. Now when you shift into gear in the highest range it will occasionally just sit and run like you still have the clutch engaged and the same is true in reverse. However if I simply shift to the lower speed ranges I have sufficient forward and reverse power but of course the speed is a snail's pace and just isn't conducive to accomplishing anything, but it does apply power to the wheels. I put it in the shop last week and they broke it apart and only found a few nicks in a couple of the splines (cleaned those up) and replaced the bearings while they were in there, and the tranny otherwise looked ok as did the clutch, and after $2300 in those repairs it is doing the same thing. Obviously, I will be taking it back into the shop next week. Has anyone else experienced such a thing with their Mitsubishi or any other tractor? The hydraulics work fine but when you place it in gear it just sits there regardless of how much throttle you apply. Any ideas from here? Thanks you in advance......

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-03-29          198277

I have had a situation like this, but the tractor had a separate hydraulic clutch for the ground movement. Your tractor either has a slipping clutch, a broken shaft in the transmission, or bad ring & pinion. Does it act the same in 2wd & 4WD? If it does the problem is not the ring & pinion.If it doesn't act the same in 2wd & 4WD,, it may be the ring & pinion. Does it make any nises when it doesn't move? ....

Link:   japanese tractor parts

View my Photos
azcowboy

2019-04-02          198293

No noise when it isn't moving, even with the clutch out with it in gear. It simply sets there not moving no matter what the RPMs. ....

View my Photos
jaoneill

2019-04-07          198321

It's in the clutch. If in fact they did check the clutch itself and all was ok, it could be as simple as a linkage issue or adjustment, but I'd bet the farm it's clutch related. ....

View my Photos
azcowboy

2019-04-08          198322

The tractor is now back in the shop. They told me that there would not be any additional charge since they didn't get it fixed the first time. It surly seems to me that it would almost certainly be a clutch related problem but it's up to them to find he source of the problem at this point. I will be calling them in the next few days for a check on its status but they have now had it for just over a week.

I will keep everyone posted on what the results end up being........ ....

View my Photos
macdoesit

2021-06-10          200374

You did not let us know what the problem was. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login