Go Bottom Go Bottom

D2050 Lift

View my Photos
Ed West
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-11-13          10075

Help !My Mitsu lift has DIED. This has happened before and often revving up the engine and working the lift lever up and down several times would get the lift to work again. Once before when to no avail the lift wouldnt lift, I took it to the dealer, they removed and cleaned the hydraulic filter, it was clean. They then removed the lift and removed and disassembled the lift control valve for cleaning and then reassembled after which it worked fine for a while then started acting up on occasion and now its dead. I think cleaning the control valve again is what it needs but I have not been able to get a manual for this tractor and hesitate to take it apart. Any suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks,ED

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

D2050 Lift

View my Photos
David

1999-11-15          10124

Sounds like your system maybe getting air bound possibly from a faulty check valve that allows hyd fluid to drain from pickup. One way to check this is to crack the pressure line fitting loose and see if you can get fluid coming out. If so get fluid coming and then tighten up the fitting. This is messy but will remove air trapped in the system. We have seen this in many grey market models as well as Big "American Iron" as well. Also make sure the tranny is full of hyd oil as full as possible. Sometimes over filling can help solve this problem ....

D2050 Lift

View my Photos
Ed West

1999-11-15          10127

Thanks For the reply. I tried "Bleeding" the system, I let ou a pint of oil.
The pump does not seem to be air locked. Can the control valve get air locked?
Is there a part in the control valve, like a piston, that has to move back & forth?? But unlike a piston does not have a connecting rod to move it?? If so I'm thinking maybe that it is stuck. Can it get stuck, or would oil pressure move it for sure??? I have only questions, and a bum lift of course.
Thanks,
Ed ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login