Go Bottom Go Bottom

Long 2610 Temperature Gauge

View my Photos
David Ford
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-08-09          61401

I have a Long 2610 tractor and the temperature gauge seems to be reading incorrectly. Even after the tractor has cooled down overnight, the temperature gauge shows 40 degrees. Is there any way to test the gauge? Do you know where I can find a replacement gauge?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
loghouse95

2003-08-09          61404

I have had good success getting info and parts from Long's dealer in Tarbaro...Phone# 1-800-488-2012... Did your gauge just recently start displaying the wrong temp??? does it usually go cold when the key is turned off??? ....

View my Photos
David Ford

2003-08-10          61420

The temperature gauge does not go to zero when the key is turned off, nor when the wire is disconnected from the temperature sending unit. I replaced the temperature sending unit and that did not correct the problem. The temperature gauge started reading incorrectly a few months back when it would never return to zero, even after the tractor had sat overnight. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-08-10          61434

Most general tests say to check the sensor lead for battery voltage and then touch the lead to ground and check that the gauge reads full-scale. If battery voltage is at the lead and the gauge goes full scale, it is the sensor; otherwise it's the gauge. The Long system may be different though.

I guess that if the gauge has a problem, a question might be whether it reads accurately at operating and high temperatures. Ballpark measurements sometimes can be made with meat thermometers through the rad cap. This might seem like a dumb or condescending comment but it's not intended so. I'd think about whether the problem goes along with hot spells. I know my tractor and 1/2-ton gauges read off peg when I use block heaters for a couple hours, and I don't think coolant in the blocks get all that warm at sub 0F temps.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login