Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L2650 Value

View my Photos
Louisiana Lass
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-07-22          40584

Help guys,

My first tractor purchase. Guy says he'll sell me a Kubota L2650, +woods cutter, 4 ft. box and row builder for $7000. Said his dad used it to cut his 10-acre field only, bought the tractor(new? used?) in 1993 for $12K. I cannot find any info on the 2650. He inherited it from his father and it is locked away in barn 50 miles from him on the land I'm buying. My questions. What year was the 2650 made? Can I know, without the hrs. if $7k is too much? I'm scared of being taken advantage of. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota L2650 Value

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-23          40597

The Kubota L-2650 tractors was built between 1990 and 1996. You did not say as to two or four wheel drive nor overall condition of the tractor. ....

Kubota L2650 Value

View my Photos
TomG

2002-07-23          40602

Value questions always are tough. It's really what else is available and how badly something is needed. It's always good to have several alternatives. Art's comment points out that owners and dealers do have a sense of nominal market values but more information such as options and general condition should be known.

Since you probably know very little about tractors and there's likely going to be a tractor in you future anyway, it might be a good idea to identify a dealer you might end-up working with. You might have to pay travel time, but a dealer might send a mechanic around to do an inspection. If the owner isn't willing to make the tractor conveniently available for inspection, I'd find a ‘blue-book’ sort of value and then discount it quite a bit or just pass on the offer.

When I bought my used Ford. The dealer trucked it almost a 3-hour drive to our place for my inspection without commitment on my part. However, it wasn’t exactly a special trip but part of a run to a city about 40-minutes from us.

Of course I didn’t know much about what I was inspecting then and simply had to trust the dealer’s assessment. Buying 1st time from a dealer seems like a bit of insurance and I still do business with the dealer even through he’s almost 3-hours away.

Kubota L2650 Value

View my Photos
Louisiana Lass

2002-07-23          40608

Many thanks to Art and Tom for your input. Am trying to get more info from the owner but if I don't I'll pass on the deal as suggested. Will post if info is forthcoming ....

Kubota L2650 Value

View my Photos
norm_kubota

2008-08-15          156119

As several other posts suggested, it depends on the condition and configuration of the tractor and the operating time shown by the hour meter. If it's low hours, e.g. under 1000 and otherwise in good condition, I'd say it is a very fair price. Some considerations that would add to it's desireabliity: Is it 4-wheel drive? Does it have a front-end loader? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login