Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota Bx v Terramite

View my Photos
lbeabes
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-04-20          162176

Anyone out there,

I am again considering ourchasing a BX 25 tarckor Loader Backhoe. A couple of years ago I had a Terramite T5C with 20 HP gas. I used it alot and was always impressed with the power and versitility of the machine but especially the power. I parted with it for a song (Dummy me) and am considering another but am considering the BX (or B) for the utility of being able to use numerous othe attachments in working my newly purchased 5 acres.

I very breifly test drove the BX and was surpised at the lack of hydraulic power in the hoe. Now the soil was extremly rocky and I had not used my T5c in rocky soil so I am certain it was not a fair comparison. SO, The question is, Has anyone out there actuall run both machines to give me a fair comparison of the two?

Larry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota Bx v Terramite

View my Photos
rlsmith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-04-20          162188

Well I have never used the Terramite but I have ran a full size back hoe so I can say that for its size my BX23 has done everything including digging in hard clay 4 ft deep with stones and rocks that lifted the front end up with a 12in bucket. Yes it may be a bit slower but I compare it to my back and shovel. It works a lot faster then me and no back strain. I have lifted many items that I made the hydro talk back to me but it always got the job done. I also knew my unit operated above 1850 hydro pressure and have heard that many of the newer now have been running below that so may require some shims to increase it. I have now now just under 900 hours seat time and it will be 4 yrs old soon. I have cracked both joints in the front wheel drive and blew the tranny out. And glad to say Kubota covered the bill 100% even though it was out of warranty. I mow 4 acres of grass, work in 5 acres of Woods cutting firewood and take care of 1200 foot of Ditch bank. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login