Kubota L3010 
: Kubota Review  -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Kubota L3010 : Kubota Review -- Kubota Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index

Kubota Tractors
  Kubota News
  Kubota Price
  Kubota Review
John Deere Tractors
  John Deere News
  John Deere Price
  John Deere Review
New Holland Tractors
  New Holland Tractor Price
  New Holland Tractor Revie
Other Tractor Brands
  Articulated Tractors
  Belarus
  Bobcat Tractors
  Case
  Cub Cadet
  Hinomoto
  Kioti Tractor
  Long
  Massey Ferguson
  Mitsubishi
  Other Tractor Brands
  Other Tractor News
  Shibaura
  Yanmar Tractors
Lawn and Garden Tractors
  Craftsman
  Cub Cadet Garden
  John Deere Garden
  Kubota Lawn Garden
  Other Garden Tractors
  Simplicity
  Toro Wheelhorse
  Ventrac Lawn Tractors
Antique Tractors
  Allis Chalmers
  Case David Brown
  Farmall IHC
  Ford
  Ford 9N 2N 8N
  Fordson
  Harry Ferguson
  John Deere Older
  Massey-Harris Ferguson
  Minneapolis Moline
  Oliver Cletrac Cockshutt
  Restoration
  Tractor Pulling
Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph
  Back Hoe
  Field Mowers Brush Cutter
  Grooming Mowers Finish Mo
  Loaders
  Snowblowers / Snow Plows
  Tillers and Ploughs
  Tractor Implements
  Trenchers
  Wood Chippers 3PH
Tractor Maintenance
  Diesel Fuel Lubrication E
  Tractor Engine Repair Reb
  Tractor Tires
Utility ATV
  All Terrain Vehicles
  John Deere Gator
  Mule Utility Vehicles
General Tractor
  Farming Ranching Agricult
  Photo Contest
  Size Tractor Needed
  Tractor Projects
  Tractor Safety
  Welding
Chinese Tractors
  Jinma Farmpro Agracat
  NorTrac Tractors
  Other Chinese Tractors
Cars
  All Brands
  Audi VW
  BMW
  Car Tires and Maintenance
  Chrysler
  Exotic, Sports, Racing
  Ford Cars
  General Motors
  Honda
  Hyundai
  Mercedes
  News
  Nissan
  Subaru
  SUV and Trucks
  Toyota Cars
Trucks Trailers
  Chevy Pickup Trucks
  Dodge Pickup Trucks
  Ford Pickup Trucks
  Toyota Pickup Trucks
  Chevy Pickup Trucks
  Dodge Pickup Trucks
  Ford Pickup Trucks
  Toyota Pickup Trucks
Home Building
  Alternate Electric Energy
  Barns Pole Barns
  Buying Ranch Farm Acreage
  Carpentry
  Contractors
  Electric
  Excavation
  Moldings Finish Trim
  Other Home Building
  Pellet Stoves
  Plumbing
  Wood Stoves
Tools
  Electirc Power Tools
  Gas Power Tools
  Generators
  Shop Tools
  Techniques Howto
Landscape
  Flowers Shrubs Garden
  Golf Course Maintenance
  Irrigation Systems
  Landscape Design
  Landscape Lighting
  Landscape Maintenance
  Lawn, Turf, and Grass
  Vegetable Gardening
Construction
  Caterpillar
  Komatsu
  Wheel Loaders
Current Events Health Happiness
  Current Events
  Dogs and other Pets
  Electronics And Computers
  Food
  Health
  Just For Fun Off Topic
  Movies Music Games
  Personal Finance Investme
  Sports Outdoors
Tractorpoint Site
  Member Photos
  Site Members
  Website Operations Howto

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 02-14-1999, 00:00 Post: 1117
SJ

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

After extensive research I've made my decision to go with the Kubota L3010,hydro,loader,mid-mount mower. I've been given a price of $19671 plus tax, delivered. Is this a good price and does anyone out there have any experience with this tractor? My second choice was a JD4300 and the best I could do was$20500. Since I could not find any significant differance between the two, plus L3010 has a 3yr warranty, I decided to save to money. I'd appreciate any and all comments on my decision.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 02-14-1999, 00:00 Post: 1126

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

SJ,I ordered a 4300 12/12 syncreverse, 4WD, 420 loader, folding ROPS, mid PTOand R4 tires about 3 weeks ago. I got it for $16,550 + tax. I think the HST would add approx $1000 -- could be wrong on that - anyway it seems like $20500 is a bit high on the 4300 even if you back out the price on the mid mount mower. Also, I believe the Kubotas are shipped over in a crate. JD is at least assembled in the USHope this helps

02-15-1999, 00:00 Post: 1136

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

SJ , Before you decide on the L3010 read my post and others like it on this board and the Kubota Tractor Source board. I too had ordered a L3010 and drove one at the dealers. The machine would not pull more then 2200 to 2400 RPM's in high range. This was unloaded on flat ground hard surface. The dealer even tried to get it to full power but was unable to do so. I called Kubota in L.A. Cal. and spoke with the engineer for the grand L series and asked some questions about this problem and he assured me that he would check with his field reps to see if they have had any complaints. Well he called me back in a few hours and stated he had tried to do the same thing that I had and he had no problems. Well I posted a request for anyone who has a L 3010 and boy did I get mail. It seems , no it is true that the L3010 doesn't have the power at 32 hp to pull full RPM's in high gear. This isn't only my feelings it's the feelings of those of us who use tractors and the L3010 doesn't have it in the upper range. Sorry Orange fans but this is true. I recieved 26 mailings and only two people said they had no problems. I even had one gentelman do a test procedure to prove to himself that his L3010 didn't have a problem. He's now waiting for an answer from his factory rep, because his tractor did the same thing. Well I called Kubota back and asked if they wanted the letters from all the owners that had contacted me on this problem and they said NO!. So sorry to say even though I still bleed Orange myself it wont be on a new L3010. And thats a shame because I have used Kubota equipment for many years but if the tractor wont pull full RPM in high gear they need to fix the problem before I'll put my hard earned money down for one. Just my advise try the test before you buy and see for yourself. Put it in High range set the engine RPM's at full 2700 and try to take the tractor to full power. If it laggs around 2200 to 2400 rpm you'll know. Buy the way I'm waiting for a new TC33D4 New Holland right now . Good luck! Scaper.

02-15-1999, 00:00 Post: 1137
Scaper

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

SJ , Before you decide on the L3010 read my post and others like it on this board and the Kubota Tractor Source board. I too had ordered a L3010 and drove one at the dealers. The machine would not pull more then 2200 to 2400 RPM's in high range. This was unloaded on flat ground hard surface. The dealer even tried to get it to full power but was unable to do so. I called Kubota in L.A. Cal. and spoke with the engineer for the grand L series and asked some questions about this problem and he assured me that he would check with his field reps to see if they have had any complaints. Well he called me back in a few hours and stated he had tried to do the same thing that I had and he had no problems. Well I posted a request for anyone who has a L 3010 and boy did I get mail. It seems , no it is true that the L3010 doesn't have the power at 32 hp to pull full RPM's in high gear. This isn't only my feelings it's the feelings of those of us who use tractors and the L3010 doesn't have it in the upper range. Sorry Orange fans but this is true. I recieved 26 mailings and only two people said they had no problems. I even had one gentelman do a test procedure to prove to himself that his L3010 didn't have a problem. He's now waiting for an answer from his factory rep, because his tractor did the same thing. Well I called Kubota back and asked if they wanted the letters from all the owners that had contacted me on this problem and they said NO!. So sorry to say even though I still bleed Orange myself it wont be on a new L3010. And thats a shame because I have used Kubota equipment for many years but if the tractor wont pull full RPM in high gear they need to fix the problem before I'll put my hard earned money down for one. Just my advise try the test before you buy and see for yourself. Put it in High range set the engine RPM's at full 2700 and try to take the tractor to full power. If it laggs around 2200 to 2400 rpm you'll know. Buy the way I'm waiting for a new TC33D4 New Holland right now . Good luck! Scaper.

02-15-1999, 00:00 Post: 1138

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

The problem must be in the transmission since it should only take a few HP to move the machine unloaded on level ground on a hard surface. The other transmission with the same engine moves the tractor without a problem.

02-15-1999, 00:00 Post: 1139
Scaper

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

LEver39537@Aol.com Hi Fred I don't know why the unit wont come to full RPM's but I do know it wont. Thats why I posted a response. And you may very well be right, but Kubota says no problem and I quote" You know this is a very heavy tractor for 32 hp and a hydro, thats part of the problem." I think like you that the hydro robs to much power from this unit. I may be wrong ,and no it wouldn't be the first time that happened either, (laughing). But I would rather see the origianal poster find out before we hear the blues from a dissatisfied owner. I love Kubota equipment but this L3010 doesn't seem to have enough balls to move a tractor weighing around 3300lbs without a loader ( No Kubota does not include tires and rims when they give a tractor weight) to full rpm's( read power) in high gear. I'm sorry to have to say this but the Boomer I drove was a 29hp hydro and it never even flinched when I put the hydro to the floor (didn't mash it just pushed down like I normally would) and brought it to full RPM , full power in high range. So why does the L3010 not go to full power in high range? Who cares why lets see it fixed before we have a unhappy customer. Scaper, my 2 cents worth.

02-15-1999, 00:00 Post: 1140

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

Its too bad Kubota has got so big that they won't listen or read the letters you metioned. The horror stories I've read on these forums about kubota's failure to follow-up on warranty work and general customer relations leads me to suspect quality will suffer in the years to come. The true testing of these tractors is the hours we spend in them as their "test guinne pigs" if they don't listen to our feedback their quality and engineering will suffer in the long run.

02-17-1999, 00:00 Post: 1157
SJ

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

This might seem like a stupid question, but I've never owned a tractor this sizebefore and what type of job would you do with the L3010 in hi range at full rpm?I work in the automotive field as a Parts and Service Director at a very large Ford dealership, and a condition like this if it was present in ALL the L3010 it is more than likely is an inherant condition. It appears that if does this power loss in only in some of the vehicles, the condition should be repairable. The disturbing factor is that the factory appears to ignore it. When faced with similar situations with Ford they will seldom admit to a concern if they do not have an answer at the present time. I'm confident Kubota will address this issuedue to the magnitude of the responses even if they will not readily admit it.My only concern is as you people have suggested, wait until the problem is fixedor find a unit that is not experiencing this. I suppose the JD 4300, my second might very well become my first. Feel free to continue your comments on the L3010 along with pricing info in the event this problem is solved. The best thing on my side is I'll be purchacing my tractor not until May when I move to our recently purchaced farm. Hopefully by then Kubota can get this mess straightened out!!!!!

02-17-1999, 00:00 Post: 1159
Scaper

Filter by User
 Kubota L3010

SJ I do alot of work on large hore farms in Delaware and Maryland, fences on mowing. I have two farms with 2mile plus lanes to drive . When I'm cutting the lanes I have to get back to the main barn area when it rains or thunderstorms. I have been caught going in slow before and I don't like it! The fact of the matter to me is this. The tractor is said to redline at a certain RPM, it should do tis no matter what range it's in and the ones I tried and the reports I recieved were the same. In high range it wont pull full RPM's. Now granted this may NOT be present in all L3010's but there has been enough of a response to this issue that it should be adressed by Kubota. I worked for General Motors Corp. for 12 years and believe me I know what your saying. I was told to tell my people many times just get it out hte door the dealer will fix it. Bullshit!!!! they need to fix it right before it gets dumped on the dealer. Otherwise good dealers like Carver Equipment will have to take the heat for something that the factory should have done right the first time!!!!! This was my intent in the frist place , find people who have exp. the same problem and get it fixed, if you read my first posts that is what I said . Lets get it fixed before we have another unsatisfied customer. My business is customer related buy far the most important issue with me. I try to do it right the first time everytime. Scaper

02-18-1999, 00:00 Post: 1191
Peter Arnold

Kubota L3010

Scaper, it looks as if you omitted a letter in that first sentence when you mentioned those hore farms. Was it a "w" or an "s"?

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Kubota Review Forum

Thread 1117 Filter by Poster:
9 | andy beasley 1 | Peter Arnold 1 | S.A. 1 | Scaper 3 | SJ 2 |

(advanced search)

Picture of the Day
videorov

Belarus - Belarus 250AS Tractor axle replacement
Belarus 250AS Tractor axle replacement

Unanswered Questions

Belarus 825 - needs a new clut
Drain Cock
Need more hydraulic flow for s
HINOMOTO HB 501
Belarus 420A - Problems bleed

Active Subjects

460 Long hyd leak
460 axle
Key will not start engine
6x4 engine rebuild vsHarbor Fr
Things we say and what do they
The Plus and Minus of Ignoring
Looking to buy a New Pickup Tr
Need more hydraulic flow for s

Hot Topics

Tractor Category 1 2 3 Hitch s
Duerr hp 678 Chipper replaceme
Gator 620i gas in engine oil
KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Qu
Gator 6x4 Overheating problem
Duerr hp 678 Chipper Manual
Adjusting 7308 Pressure Relief
Long 460 hydraulic problem

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Kubota AT70s Rear Tine Tiller
+ Kubota HST GST Shuttle or Gear Transmission
+ Best Boom Mower for Kubota B2710 Tractor
+ Definition of Tractor Loader Breakout force
+ Kubota B3200 vs JD 2720
+ New Kubota L3240 First Look Review
+ Kubota Transmission Fluid SUDT
+ Kubota BX2230 VS kIOTI CK20HST
+ KUBOTA Tractor Trouble Free Quality