Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti LK3054 Starter Problem

View my Photos
Otter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-24          99169

Hi,
When starting my Kioti LK3054 the starter motor whizzes, but does not engage. The battery is new and fully charged. If I click the switch until it sounds like it is engaging, then pull the decompression lever and try again, it occasionally starts. Do you think I need just the magnet switch (solenoid) or the entire starter/magnet switch. Can you tell me what the prices are?
Also, how much does the starter (key) switch cost. Mine is getting very "loose".
Thank you,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kioti LK3054 Starter Problem

View my Photos
topiary
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-01          99681

Hi Otter,

About 3 months ago my starter was acting up and I would keep clicking the switch until it caught and then it would start, I knew that I should pull the starter and check it out but I was to busy. Big mistake the small gear that turns the flywheel was cracked and wasn't engaging properly, and when it broke completely it jammed and broke the helmut housing on my starter, and I ended up buying a new starter because one of my crew kept trying to start it and burned up the starter. If I had pulled the starter at first sign of trouble it would have been a cheap fix $25.00 to $35.00 instead of $200.00 plus.
Good Luck

Gene ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login