Go Bottom Go Bottom

fuel gage

View my Photos
bluetay
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-25          91886

I need help with a fuel gage on a LK3054 which is reading full all the time. I replaced the sending unit and after running unit realized that didn't fix it as I had thought. Dealer and Kioti USA will get a call 07/26/04 but maybe one of you on the board can help in the mean time. Thanks
Oh,by the way the CK30 is a nice machine but after the trouble I've had in 72hrs with this machine I will not buy another Kioti. Dealer said he'd give me a great deal on the CK30. $10,000.00 for the LK3054 on the $18,889.00 for the CK30,ah ya gotta love these guys.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

fuel gage

View my Photos
limpincoyote

2004-07-26          91906

Bluetay,
What kind of problems have you been having with the Kioti?
I'm looking seriously at the DK65, but trying to get as much information as I possibly can on the Kioti line. I sure don't want to make a mistake and buy into a problem. Have you had any major problems or a bunch of small ones? ....

fuel gage

View my Photos
kioti1234

2004-07-26          91974

I am surprized you have had problems with the 3054. I have sold several with no complaints so far. The DK65 has a perkins engine and like the 45s and 50s that my customers own you should be able to run the wheels off of it with no problems. The DK65 is equipped with a lot more options than the other brands at no extra charge. Remote hydraulics, 3 point lever from the rear and a stong pekins engine. I think you will be happy with this unit. ....

fuel gage

View my Photos
bluetay

2004-07-26          91990

limpincoyote: Most problems with this LK3054 have been small pain in the butt things except for the loader valve coming apart in the middle of a snow storm. However after some of the guys here got me connected at Kioti USA a lot of the frustration was taken out of the repair but, there seems to be no end to the pain. Like the fuel gage stuck on full, O-rings leaking, wrong pins in the loader, no leveling tube and rod, wrong battery,bolts missing, washers both lock and flat missing, steering wheel on wrong well I could continue but I've made my point. ....

fuel gage

View my Photos
TomG

2004-07-27          92005

It's a little tough to trouble-shoot w/o a wiring schematic, and I also don't know the tractor. I'd probably let a dealer figure it out.

Here are a couple of thoughts. If the gauge reads empty when the tractor is off and goes to full when on then the gauge isn't mechanically stuck. Some connections use three wires--a hot from the battery, a send to the gauge and a ground. I think the gauge always would read full if the hot and send wires were reversed. Some gauges are ballasted so they read full deflection at 9V (that prevents the gauge changing due to varying alternator output

The resistance in the sender unit would be calculated for 9V rather than 12V. A wrong gauge, one with an open ballast or one combined with a wrong sender may read full all the time. Some test procedures us a 9V battery to test a gauge. The resistance through the sender unit should change as the fuel level varies. I think the resistance could be measured from the hot wire to ground (preferably when the battery wire is disconnected). ....

fuel gage

View my Photos
bluetay

2004-08-04          92733

Thanks Tom for the reminder to let the dealer do the warranty work sometimes I need a nudge,2x4 type,to do the right thing. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login