Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulics DK 65

View my Photos
Farmuse
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-10          85654

I am a new Kioti owner DK 65 cab loader 4wd I have had it for 6 weeks and it now has 40 + hours of use.
Problem: The hydraulics for the power steering over heat and at idle speed there is no power steering (ie does not turn wheels) Also the transmission rearend housing gets so hot that it will litterally burn you 260 degrees farenheit when checked with infared heat censor.
I do not baby it I pull a 8ft haybind in 4M range and NH 630 roller. It has plenty of power but I am not pleased with the hydraulic problem. I have contacted the dealer and he is trying to find the problem by reading the service manual. I am hearing constant hydraulic relief valve noise from the steering box area.
I am not new to tractors and equipment by any means. I have previously owned JD 4020FEL, 4230CHA,JD 2cyl 50, 70, 720 ect.Ford 4630 and 3930. I have read the complete owners manual for my new KIOTI but it is porly written and does not answer any questions. Has anyone else had any hydrailic problems?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulics DK 65

View my Photos
bluetay

2004-05-10          85713

Farmuse: I have a new LK 3054 and have had some hydraulic problems as well. I believe its one of Kiotis' weak points but to your problems. I tried for months to get a response from Kioti USA with no contact but some of the guys on the board gave me some tips and they worked. I highly recommend that you send an e-mail to jingram at kiotitractor.com and tell her your problem. They (Kioti USA) not only helped me with my questions but best of all made sure the dealer followed up on everything to my satisfaction. i.e. When I got a new valve for the FEL I noticed the line fittings were not like the ones shown in the book I mentioned this to Kioti and the dealer delivered six new correct fittings. Small thing I guess but meant a lot to me. I hope this helps you get your tractor fixed. ....

Hydraulics DK 65

View my Photos
TomG

2004-05-11          85743

Sounds like the hydraulics are being over-worked. If it's a HST I'd try it with lighter loads and in lower ranges. Well, problems in the PS also could over-heat oil in the reservoir.

If the tractor is nose heavy and has big front tires at low pressure the PS may not turn the wheels easily at slow idle rpm. If the relief like sound doesn't change when there's no pressure on the steering wheel and when there's heavy pressure there could be a PS problem. A pressure test on the PS pump line might be good. Of course, an owner of a new tractor shouldn't be having these problems. I hope the explanation isn't that the hydraulics just aren't up to the work you need to do. ....

Hydraulics DK 65

View my Photos
Farmuse

2004-05-11          85771

Tom,
I am getting 2550 psi on hydraulics from the main pump but have not plumbed into the steering priority valve. I do not have the steering problem when the tractor is cold or within the first 1/2 hour of start up. The steering problem occurs when I have used the tractor for some task, does not havbew to be hydraulically oriented. After tractor is completely warm by the temp guage it will occur. There is a loader on the front end but no bucket or spear. The dealer thinks it is possably the priority valve on top of the pump. But I am in the middle of making about 60 acres of hay and cannot do without the tractor for a week for him to parts change to try to find the problem. Almost makes me want my 4020 deere back. Except for the fuel usage! ha ha ....

Hydraulics DK 65

View my Photos
TomG

2004-05-11          85812

That sure is a bad time for problems and probably little time for trouble shooting too. I gather it has one pump that feeds the PS through a priority valve--similar to my Ford. Fortunately most priority valves aren't too difficult to tear down and there isn't much to them. A spring that can break, a plunger that can score and stick in the cylinder and an orifice in the plunger that can become clogged.

Mine can be rebuilt except for the cylinder while still mounted on the pump. It'd still probably take a repair manual, maybe parts and most likely time you don't have. If your dealer isn't too far maybe a traveling tech could get it going. I think I would check the oil for froth after it's been run awhile just to check for filter/suction line problems--although that wouldn't explain an open relief valve. ....

Hydraulics DK 65

View my Photos
bluetay

2004-05-11          85827

Farmuse: Surely a tractor that size has a two stage steering pump and if so should certainly steer at idle with no load on the front tires. The problem may be as simple as as lines being crossed. I don't intend any comparison of my little 3054 to your DK65 but my original problems started with a line connected wrong. Kioti gave me a operator,shop and parts manual for my tractor I would think at the price of a DK65 they would do the same for you and maybe have Playboys Ms.May deliver them to boot. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login