Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic Leak

View my Photos
gerbilone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-17          71492

I have a hydraulic leak under the transmission housing area. The leak leaves a puddle under the transmission area on the ground. There are several hydraulic lines in that area. Is there a dye I can add to the fluid so I could trace the leak.. All the hydraulic systems are working, but need to top up the fluid daily. Tractor is Kioti LB 1914

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic Leak

View my Photos
moosefishing
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-18          71551

Might I sugest 2 differant options;
1. If it is in warrenty, have the dealer fix it
2. If #1 is not a good option, then take the machine to the car wash, wash it very good all aroud the area of the leak. Take it home, fire it up, warm it up, get under the machine, find the leak and fix it. Chances are there is a loose connection at the relief valve or at the hydraulic filter. this is on the right hand side of the machine. (just under the platform where your right foot rest) If your machine has a loader on it, I'd bet a dollar that the connections at the relief valve are loose.
hope this helped you ....

Hydraulic Leak

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-18          71552

That large of leak would sure be aggravating enough to want to fix. Finding them can be tricky and I'm not aware of a dye or colourant that makes it easier but who knows.

I'm guessing that the leak stops after the tractor sits awhile and it sounds like it's a large enough leak so it wouldn't take long to see it dripping. If it continues to drip then the leak is likely in the cases below the oil level--suction line fitting possibly or possible an oil cooler return. If the leak eventually stops, then it probably in a hydraulic system--possibly lift or HST.

I think I'd clean the tractor very well (there can be some problems with pressure washers discussed in the archives) and then run it for a short time and watch for drips. If there aren't any I drive it a short ways and again watch for drips. If it only leaks after being driven than I guess something related to the HST (if it has one). If it still doesn't drip, I'd drive it under heavy load for awhile.

If you start with a clean tractor you might have some success tracing oily area back to the leak. If not identifying when it leaks would help identify likely candidates.

Hydraulic Leak

View my Photos
gerbilone

2003-12-18          71603

I pressure washed the tractor. The leak is at the bottom of the sight glass on the right side of transmission. Thanks for your input. ....

Hydraulic Leak

View my Photos
moosefishing
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-22          71931

That is an easy fix.
1.Park the tractor on a very steep incline. (facing down hill to keep the oil in the transmission / rear end)
2. OR --drain some oil from the transmission / rear end
3. remove the sight glass
4. clean the area around the sight glass
5. clean the old sight glass or get a new one (they are cheep)
6. reinstall the sight glass using some silicone sealant around the sight glass.
7. let the "glue" set up for a while.
8 if you drained the fluid, you now need to refill it.
9. enjoy the tractor.(go back to work)
Merry Christmas

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login