Go Bottom Go Bottom

kioti pto problem

View my Photos
walt lieber
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-03          27733

I just bought a Dk35 today.The problem with the Pto is....It has a switch for auto and for manual, the auto works like any electric flip the switch and the pto turns.also it will kill the pto automaticly if you lift the 3 pt hitch too high.The manual works like the old type with out live pto. You put in the clutch and it will stop,let the clutch out and its engaged.Mine is working all together different, in manual it comes on automaticly and in auto it doesnt work at all. Has anyone out there in Kioti land ever have this problem??? Thanks walt

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

kioti pto problem

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-05-03          27736

walt, I know nothing about Kioti tractor and didn't even know that anybody had a PTO that could work both ways. It kind of sounds like a sensor or a switch that is wired backwards. Good luck. Mark ....

kioti pto problem

View my Photos
walt lieber

2001-05-04          27762

pto correction.. To all of you who read how the pto switch works,I was wrong.I was told this by a salesman.The correct way is in manual the switch turns on the pto.In automatic it also turns on the pto,but it automaticly kicks it off when you raise the 3 pt hitch too high.I dont know if thats for saftey or just so you dont put too much angle on your u-joints.I t would of been kind of nice if that was possible to switch it to manual and then slowly let out the clutch to engage those big heavy bush hogs,like the old ford 8n ,seems like it must be hard on the system to switch on the pto electicly.Anyway a mechanic came out today and got it all to work,switches were out of adjustment.Did a little work with it today and was impressed out fast the front end loader works,reeeeeal nice. walt ....

kioti pto problem

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-05-05          27773

Yikes! Another type of PTO! It sounds like this one is designed to work like the magnetic engagements that are popular on some front or mid PTOs. Yes, it would be nice if there was a way to take up the load gradually. In fact, I'll bet that there is such a way - you'll just have to find it.
Seems like every tractor manufacturer has his own twist on PTOs, with the main thing in common is that they don't want to give us what we really want: A separately shifted, separately clutched, truly independent PTO. Most every farm tractor has had that feature for about 40 years....
Anyway, glad that your Kioti is working well and I hope you have fun playing in the dirt this weekend. Remember that all new machines have a certain amount of teething problems and after that they seem to work forever.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login